Are autograph books worth it?

Started by Minnie2017, March 19, 2017, 01:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minnie2017

Hi all

I am going in July for 2 whole days and was wonderingif an autograph book is worth getting? Not sure how many characters we will meet.

dlpowl

How many characters you meet is entirely down to how many you're willing to queue for.  You very rarely bump into characters roaming around in the park, they mostly have set meeting points and you just join the queue.  The queue lengths vary according to that particular character's popularity and whether or not its school holidays. 

So it's up to you really.  If you're not bothered about meeting characters and don't intend on queuing for them then I definitely wouldn't bother with an autograph book but if you love characters and want to queue then you could easily meet 4 or 5 in a day and still do quite a few rides.  It's purely down to personal choice as to how you want to spend your time.  They will sign any kind of book though, so you could always just take a small cheap notepad with you just in case, if you don't intend on queuing for characters.  Then at least you've got something if the situation arises.

Minnie2017

Really?  I can meet about 5 characters and still do rides? Because im going during school holidays so thought that a meet and greet queue will be about an hour for the popular characters that I want to see like mickey and about an hour for most rides. 

I am leaning towards getting a book though. Everyone recommends it.

grovesie

There are 3 other ways to meet characters easier

Depending when you plan to visit and where you plan to stay. Characters are returning to the Disney Hotels later in the year for meet and greets. If you are staying at a Disney hotel then make use of the extra Magic Hours. We went in February half term and managed Goofy, Pluto, Donald and Chip and Dale in under 30 minutes. We could have done Mickey and Minnie too, see below

_DSC2670 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

_DSC2677 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

_DSC2681 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

_DSC2685 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

The last way is to have a character breakfast/lunch or dinner.

These will free up the days for you to enjoy the rides, parades and shows

Minnie2017

Hi grovesie

We are planning to utilise the hotel visits and EMH but as we going during school holidays still expect it to be really busy  :(

Wow meeting loads in such a short amount of time is amazing. But I could see why so few people were out so early. The rain and dark!!

grovesie

If you can be at the park gates for opening you should be able to get the majority done fairly quickly leaving the rest of the day for the rides etc. Or if you are there for 2 days do half the characters one morning and the rest the following day