Help with Buffalo Bill show

Started by justbefree, March 04, 2017, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justbefree

Hello. I'm thinking of going to see Buffalo Bill's show for the first time this summer (don't have fixed dates yet, sometime in July or August) and I have a couple of questions, some of which I couldn't find an answer in the forums using the search feature.

I have purchased vouchers to exchange for Fantasy annual passes, which offer a 20% discount for the show. I have checked both Disney and the ticketmaster fr website and there doesn't seem to be an option to buy tickets with a discount. What other options do I have, in order to reserve places to be sure we'll go the day and time we want, but also be able to pay the discounted price? If I call to make a reservation, can I then pay in person the appropriate price before going to see the show?

And any additional information/advice is appreciated, such as how early we should be there, what price category you'd recommend, how long the show lasts etc. Thank you very much in advance!

claire2281

I presume you'll have to phone or book when you get there in person in order to use the discount. I've never had an issue with Buffalo Bills being sold out personally and so I've never reserved it myself. We've always popped in on the morning we wanted to go and paid for dinner that night - even during busy times. Someone else may have had a different experience though.

They suggest you get there about an hour before the start time and there's a band playing before the show for you to enjoy. I've been to see it a lot of times (I often take school trips to DLP and we always do Buffalo Bill's) but I can't remember the exact running time. I think it's usually just over an hour. We do the 6:30pm showing and we're out before 8pm. Which makes sense since the next set of people will be showing up from 8:30pm.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

justbefree

Thank you, Claire, that is very useful. I was worried that it would be fully booked if we were to wait to make reservations after we get there.

disneymagic006

I would go and book as soon as you have picked up your annual passes. There always seems to be tickets available on the night but if you are like me you will want it sorted asap to avoid disappointment!
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

MrsRoachy

When we visited last year we couldn't get tickets so have already booked and sorted it for our visit next month

rocker

Been twice & both times booked at short notice.  Once you've picked up your passes from the pass office, just walk straight over to City Hall & you can book from there.  I think it unlikely that every show throughout your stay will be sold out. 

Also, there are two price categories, I wouldn't waste your money on the 1st category (more expensive) tickets.  You get an extra glass of fruit juice, plus better seats there, but the second category seats are absolutely fine.  There are no "bad" seats.

enjoy, it's a fun show  :D