First Visit on FullBoard@Santa Fe's... visit/meal planning?

Started by kanuxa, February 16, 2017, 03:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kanuxa

Hi everyone!

It will be our family's first time at Disney. We ve booked our visit in April right on 25th aniversary celebration.

We've booked our staying with the uk's promotion (30% off plus half board for free and upgrated it to full board). I want to book the restaurants so that it could be easier for us 4 (2 adults and two boys, with 12 and 8 yrs old) to enjoy our stay.

Can anyone help me with some kind of planning about restaurants and hours?
We don t wanna miss a thing so I think is very important to book all meals.
Do you think we should also plan our visit to the parks, or simply enjor each thing with no special order?
I also thank you any advice on the place where we could have a quicker lunch!
We're staying for full three days, one afternoon and one morning and We have the standard plan.

I'm sorry if anyone's posted the same questions/requests..

Thank you all!  :D

polar vixen

I would plan 2 days in the parks and 1 in the studios then use your last half day for favourites.  Make sure you see dreams one night and the star wars show one night. As for meals.....your vouchers cover standard buffets......I'd recommend plaza gardens when you're in the parks and restaurant des stars in the studios. You could eat in the hotel one night and Billy bobs in the village is also fab and not bad if you want to leave the parks for tea and then go back in in.  You could of course use your vouchers at face value if you wanted to eat elsewhere just consider how much extra you might have to pay.....chez Remy for example would cost you approx 16 euros extra per person........also I'd book meals if you're having 2 buffets a day one around 12 to 1 pm and the other 6 or7 depending on what time you usually eat and closing time of the park. I wouldn't recommend any buffets within in the parks an hour before closing as they tend to stop restocking.

dlpowl

Lucky Nugget Saloon for lunch one day is always on our list, we love it there!  My kids favourite.

I'm one of those people who plans their days to the last detail BUT I've been plenty of times so I'm able to do that.  I didn't do that for our first visit.  By all means, book your restaurants, but I think for your first visit, the best advice I can give is just to get yourself a park map, start in the bottom left corner (Phantom Manor) and just work your way around.  If you get in the park early, and the queues aren't bad, you can do it in a day but you'll more than likely need 2.  You can do most of the studios in a day but there are quite a few shows so you may not get to see them all.

You probably won't get to do absolutely everything you want to do but that's what makes the next trip so exciting.  You learn so much during your first visit that your second is a lot simpler to plan for.

kanuxa

Uau!!

Thank you so much polar vixen and dlpowl !

I'm a little obsessed with planning to the last minute in all of our trips, so I think I would have to see the map in detail so that I don't have to run from one side to another in both parks because of the bookings that I would do now.

Do you recommend WWWest show ? We're in doubt about that..

Thanks!  ;D
(so exciteed!!)

polar vixen

Love it love it love it. Been with our kids at various ages. It's brilliant fun and something you won't get anywhere else. Be warned if your kids are sensitive though it is quite loud.

kanuxa

Will have to seriously consider going there then! :)
Thank you!!

Hi again.. about this matter...
I saw now that the only restaurant where we can actually go to eat when inside the parks is Plaza Gardens Restaurant... or can we go to all the others with our vouchers...? I'm sorry if this is a silly question.. Just want to understand all and plan the most accurate possible.
Bottom line:
Can we have lunch/dinner in other restaurants that aren't in our plan and if they have cheaper menus, do they give us the exchange?
Am I seeing it all wrong or we actually have to get out of the parks to have our meals?
And about  the offer treat in the afternoon: how will we know which are the restaurants that actually offer those treats?

claire2281

Plaza gardens and Agrabah Cafe are the only ones on the standard meal plan inside the park. However I believe you can use the vouchers at their face value (it's printed on them) at any other restaurant and then pay the difference.

They don't give you any money back if you use them somewhere cheaper that doesn't come to the full value.

You can't use them at the non-Disney restaurants in the village.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

kanuxa

oh.. really?..that means that we can only lunch on those 2 restaurants and at dinner we can use the vouchers on all the other ones outside the parks...?

The other restaurants outside the parks.. are far ? do you think we should make reservations for lunch for all of the days always at plaza and agrabah?

polar vixen

you can also use them at restaurant des stars in tge studios and Billy Bob's in the village without losing any value. tge village us only a couple of minutes outside the park. id suggest using in the parks for lunch at plaza gardens or face value for main course at silver spur perhaps? just fit a bit of a mix up. ...you could also use them at your hotel or the Santa fe /cheyenne evening buffet. also consider using a set abd passing the difference fir buffalo bill one night