Merchandise: What of It?

Started by spacemountainplatypi, February 01, 2017, 12:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacemountainplatypi

Hey guys. It's been an infinity and a half since I last posted here (and I sincerely doubt anyone will remember me), but I'm back! And just in time too, as in exactly 26 days, I'll be going on my first Disney trip for the better part of 3 years.

As I had enquired about in previous years, I'm wondering what types of merchandise are currently being sold in the resort, so if anyone's had a recent trip/have a good knowledge about items available, any help would be much appreciated ;D

Below are some specifics about the kind of stuff I'm searching for....

*Star Wars Merchandise: Specifically Hasbro's Black Series line.

*Ride Merchandise: Such as t-shirts and other forms of clothing.

*Animated Merchandise: Items like plush toys based around recent films like Frozen or Moana.

Thanks in advance for the help!
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

msRavenswood

Welcome back!

I visited two weeks ago and there were lots of Star Wars items, not sure about the Hasbro line you've mentioned. As far as ride merchandise, do you mean Star Tours items or other rides in general?

There was a plehtora of both Frozen and Moana merchandise, from Animator Dolls and plush toys to collectibles.

I hope you have a great time! We hadn't visited since 2014, but once you set foot on Main St. everything is so familiar, as if not a day has passed!

Sugaroo_

Hi spacemountainplatypi!

*Star Wars Merchandise: Loads of SW merch. I remember seeing figurines but I don't know if they were Hasbro. Beyond that they sell Lightsabers (I don't think I saw a little boy without one!) mugs (the Yoda one is hiliarious), t-shirts etc

*Ride Merchandise: To be honest the only ride themed merchandise I saw was for Tower of Terror & Ratatouille...but I may have missed something. For example I know the shop at the exit of Pirate's has ride specific merchandise but that will be closed anyway.

*Animated Merchandise: As msRavenswood said, Moana and Frozen galore! The Animator Dolls are adorable. And of course they carry all of the classic animated characters. Tsum tsums as well.

Have a great time!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

spacemountainplatypi

Thank you msRavenswood and Sugaroo for the warm welcome back! I know the returning feel of familiarity all too well  ;D It'll be even stronger on this trip I think...

And thanks for the information! I expect the Star Wars stuff to be in abundance there, so fingers crossed they're the Hasbro ones. Hm, now I wonder if there's Season of the Force items....

As for the Ride merch, Tower of Terror is one of the major rides I like to collect merchandise from, so good to hear that's still present. Also Phantom Manor, I recall seeing special artwork-esque t-shirts for it several years ago, so I hope they're still available. (also probably wishful thinking on my part here, but I'd love for some leftover SM:M2 stuff to be for sale). Also Star Tours of course, but that was never very present in stores, not since the early to mid-2000s.

And I'm glad to hear it about the animated stuff. I heard there was a Moana pop-up store in the Art of Disney Animation, so I guess that'll provide all I'm looking for from the film. I don't remember BH6 getting that kind of treatment at the parks when it came out....

3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

msRavenswood

No Season of the Force merch I'm afraid BUT... there are two new Phantom Manor t-shirts available, men and women's!!! They glow in the dark too! I had seen them online, so I headed straight to Thunder Mesa Merchantile, but, alas, they were nowhere to be seen. So I asked a CM and apparently they had them in their storage room, quite strange if you ask me, considering they were only released recently. Anyway, I snatched the women's one, unfortunately hubby didn't like the men's version. I'm sad though that this is the only PM merch available, they could offer such wonderful items based on the ride!

[attachment deleted by admin]

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: msRavenswood on February 02, 2017, 07:20:13 AM
No Season of the Force merch I'm afraid BUT... there are two new Phantom Manor t-shirts available, men and women's!!! They glow in the dark too! I had seen them online, so I headed straight to Thunder Mesa Merchantile, but, alas, they were nowhere to be seen. So I asked a CM and apparently they had them in their storage room, quite strange if you ask me, considering they were only released recently. Anyway, I snatched the women's one, unfortunately hubby didn't like the men's version. I'm sad though that this is the only PM merch available, they could offer such wonderful items based on the ride!

Those are the exact style of shirts I remember! They look spectacular, if a little morbid  ??? But hey, its fitting!

Do you remember the price of them?

Sugaroo_

Quote from: spacemountainplatypi on February 01, 2017, 10:26:08 PM
(also probably wishful thinking on my part here, but I'd love for some leftover SM:M2 stuff to be for sale). Also Star Tours of course, but that was never very present in stores, not since the early to mid-2000s.

Since Star Traders is closed (at least I'm pretty sure it is, we didn't wander beyond SM because it's like a construction site back there) your best bet for any SM:M2 or Star Tours merch would probably be Constellations next to Buzz Lightyear. Give it a look see!
"Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret...all the best people are."

msRavenswood

Quote from: spacemountainplatypi on February 02, 2017, 08:08:10 AM

Do you remember the price of them?

If I'm not mistaken, they were at €24,99.

spacemountainplatypi

I'll definitely check out Constellations, Sugaroo (I mean, you kind of have to go through there after exiting Buzz), and that definitely does seem like the only place they might still have SM stuff.

And thanks for the info MsRavenswood, I can try to figure out how much I can budget things (That's the idea, but it never seems to work out for some reason  ??? )