Travel?

Started by Disneylover99, January 27, 2017, 05:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylover99

Hi, I am looking to travel to Disneyland Paris from Manchester, and was wondering if anyone had any experience of how to get to the parks from the airport. It would be for 2 adults in around September, and I was looking to book the magic shuttle for ease but have seen/heard a variety of complaints about it not being punctual etc. Was just wondering if the RER is better? And how to use this? As I have only used it once in central Paris with a French relative! Thanks

bad-pink-tink

Hi I am a solo traveller and I have used Magic Shuttle multiple times over the last few years. I have had no isses with them.

You can either get a ticket online in advance or on the day at the ticket desk in the departure area. The departure area is located in a corridor which connects Terminal 2E and Terminal 2F. I usually follow the signs for Terminal 2E Arrivals. Once in Terminal 2E arrivals just look for the Disney / Magic shuttle signs.

The journey from Charles de Gualle to Disney takes about 60 minutes approx. Depending on how busy it is, there could be multiple hotel drop offs before yours.

This is the hotel drop off route

Val d'Europe
Newport Bay
Sequoia Lodge
Santa Fe
Kyraid
Magic Circus
Dream Castle
Explorers
Cheyenne
New York
Disneyland Hotel

On the return journey , the hotel pickups are reversed. Magic Shuttle starts at Disneyland Hotel and ends at Newport Bay. Depending on which hotel you are at, this could add up to 30 minutes to your journey time.

Once the bus leaves Disney property, the journey time is approx 60 minutes. That motorway back to Charles De Gaulle can get heavy traffic and if there is an accident it goes down to one lane. I usually allow 2 hours to get from my hotel to the check in desk at the airport.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

whatsupanders

You could also get the direct TGV from the airport which takes around 10 minutes.

Disneylover99

It seems the TGV would be significantly quicker but does anyone know if it runs frequently and early/late at night? Also what the cost would be for a return? Thanks

rocker

Times, costs & tickets here...

http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers
just click the "reservations" tab

andya

We travelled last July and going again in August. For 4 of us (2 adults/2 children 4/5) we have decided to go with a private transfer.

Looking at all the options:

Magic Shuttle - expensive for a coach trip, takes a while and stops off at all hotel so can be slow if you're one of the later ones

Trains - if you miss one it can be an hour till the next. Short travel time but if you have to wait that doesn't really matter. Again expensive for a 10 min journey

Private transfer - quite expensive (130 euros) but ease is the best. You have a man waiting for you who takes you paps, pops them in the taxi and off you go. Does take 40 mins but last year there was a nice TV in the back for th kids to watch the lion guard as we made our way. They relaxed, me and the wife enjoyed the view and it flew by.