Premium meal plan - is ADC extra?

Started by Elodie, January 22, 2017, 12:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elodie

I was just making a booking for DLH in December 2017. We had been planning to get the Premium half board meal plan, and have a meal each at Inventions and Auberge de Cendrillon. I added the meal plan to the booking, then added the ADC reservation, and it added on the meal cost in addition to the plan. Is that because you can only book it as part of your package if it will be an additional meal that you won't be using vouchers to pay for? Or will there be an option to remove the meal cost further along in the booking process?

Is there any way around this, other than to add the meal plan, then wait to make reservations for ADC and Inventions 60 days in advance? If so, are they still likely to have availability at that point (ie booking in October for 19-23 Dec?) If I called to book, would that help?

Any advice appreciated!

DisneyRon

The only reason to include a meal at Auberge de Cendrillon in your reservation is if you didn't have a meal plan and wanted to pay in advance, or like you, had a half-board one, but wanted to use that day's vouchers in the evening for something else (say a visit to Buffalo Bills).

Otherwise you're better (and indeed cheaper) off just making a reservation when the 60-day window opens for your vacation.
Especially if you call relatively early within those 60 days (actually, exactly 60 days in advance is probably safest), I personally don't think you'll have a problem making a reservation at ADC for an afternoon of your choice.
If you call to make reservations later it might be tricky getting the time you want though. ;)

You can always call to make the booking, but I'm not sure if it would help. I image you'll get a similar answer to mine.

Elodie

That's alright then, thank you.

I've already marked the 60 days window on the calendar, ready to book our other meals, but I had thought this would be a way to make the character dining reservations even earlier. I can see why it doesn't work like that, and I'm not worried if there should plenty of availability when I ring. (We're there for 5 days, and will happily take ADC for whenever they can fit us in, then Inventions for another day, then arrange the rest of the meals.)

Nicola

If you phone at exactly 60 days you will be able to pick where to eat and they will easily fit you in. I usually plan where I want to go in advance then like you pop the 60 days in my calendar and call them to book. They can usually cater for all my needs, Inventions, AdeC, Buffalo Bills, Chez Remee the lot. Have a look and see what you fancy on here then be ready on the 60th  :D ;D :)
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****

Elodie

Brilliant, that's good to know. I kept forgetting to ring about our last trip and ended up booking restaurants 30 days in advance. It was fine, but that was all standard buffet restaurants, so I was worrying a bit about booking ADC etc. I definitely won't be leaving that it late this time around!