Santa fe vs Cheyenne?

Started by swooddow, April 26, 2015, 04:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swooddow

So im planning a trip and I have the choice between Santa fe and Cheyenne, they are both the same price , but is it just me or does Cheyenne look better ? , was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this ? , anyone been there or both and had good or bad experiences ? and any tips or handy hints to know ?

Thanks again,
Swooddow :D

msRavenswood

The Cheyenne has more character in my opinion. Of course, if you prefer a newly renovated hotel and you love Cars you could go for the Santa Fe.

As for tips, if you choose the Cheyenne it'd be better to get a room in a block not too close to the reception, but neither too far away from it. Being too close it will be more noisy because of all the guests coming and going, being too far you will have to walk longer in the morning for breakfast. Also, if you have little ones, a ground floor room is ideal as there are no lifts at the Cheyenne. Not that staying on the first floor would be too big of a problem, but at the end of a tiring day you may find it easier not having to carry them upstairs.

Mileto

We've stayed three times at Santa Fe. The third time it was renovated. We took rooms with river grande view, higer floor. It's super quite and near the walking way to the parks. We love to walk and look at Cheyenne, which building can be seen from the room also.

It depends what do you prefer - wild West or Mexican, desert, cactus look.

Food is the same, rooms are different, not size, but beds - in Santa Fe there are two double beds, in Cheyenne - one double and two single beds (bulk bed).

We deffinetly will try Cheyenne some day.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

andlorna

Our very first visit to Disney we stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe. Since then we have stayed in  the Cheyenne several times. We went back to Santa Fe in Feb this year and did not enjoy staying there. Much prefer the surroundings and the atmosphere in the Cheyenne. The kid's loved sleeping in the bunk beds and loved the cowboy theme. The outside area is much nicer at the Cheyenne in my opinion than at the Santa Fe. Going for breakfast I love the cowboy theme and found Santa Fe to be quite bland. Go on youtube and look at peoples videos showing the rooms and the hotels you might get a better idea.
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Zee79

We have stayed in both. It all depends on what you like. I personally think the santa fe is quiter than the cheyenne esp in the restaurant at breakfast. The cheyenne is a little closer to the parks when walking which is good when shattered after a day in the park. We enjoyed our stays in both hotels.

Uragano Tati

We have stayed in Santa Fe before the renovation and after that some times in the Cheyenne. In our Santa Fe room there where some broken things, but now I believe that everything has been fixed.
We prefer the theming of the Cheyenne, so we keep on going there, but maybe one day we will go again in Santa Fe.
If you prefer the cowboy theme go for the Cheyenne. If you love Cars go for the Santa Fe.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

gavinng

When we visited for the first time in 2011, we stayed at the Cheyenne. It had a nice cowboy feel, but the lack of an elevator was a minus for us. We'd been travelling in London and Paris for a week already, and had planned to stay 3 days at DLP. This meant two huge suitcases (my wife and I were only dating then, no kids, oh the memories). It was tough for me to haul those suitcases up the stairs. Also bunk beds are great if you have a family of young kids. I dunno it teenagers would like it so much.

ilovemainstxxx

hi there

we have stayed at both but we love the Cheyenne ...
stayed in the santa fe the first time we went in 1999 and then last July , rooms nicely redone and nothing wrong with it but we just love the theming of the Cheyenne...Still feels like your in frontier land ....
like someone said have a look on YouTube to get a feel for the two ,  carnt go wrong with either really , just make sure you get a 7 am breakfast slot at either one or you may have a bun fight at the o.k corral .... ;)

Mileto

Quote from: gavinng on April 27, 2015, 03:21:02 AM
...... we stayed at the Cheyenne. It had a nice cowboy feel, but the lack of an elevator was a minus for us...........

There are no elevators in Santa Fe either.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

NICKYMOUSE

I've stayed in both and much preferred the Cheyenne. Theming is brilliant. I felt the Santa fe'a theme was quite subtle where as you were transported to the Wild West at Cheyenne. Plus the Cheyenne has a good outdoor play area and depending on the time of year you visit they also have kiddies pony rides! It's also nearer the park if walking.
Cheyenne - March 2014
Santa Fe - January 2015
Sequoia Lodge - November 2015

Disney Matt

I guess i'll be the only one here that says I prefer the Santa Fe.
When i last stayed they were in the middle of re-theming it to Cars so some things were done & other were not.
Maybe its cause i'm not overly fond of the cowboy theme but everyone has their own favourite :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

tashadec

Price swung it for me. I booked through Travel Republic and Santa Fe came out at £80 cheaper than Cheyenne. I know that isnt alot for a 4 night stay but that £80 pays towards a special meal at Inventions for my daughters first birthday.

I stayed in Santa Fe years ago, before the rennovations, and whilst its far from luxurious I found it perfectly comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. I havent stayed at the Cheyenne so cant compare (although I have a feeling if i asked my little boy he would prefer a hotel with a cowboy theme but then hes not paying lol)

Thinking about it the standard rooms in the Santa Fe will be more suited to us anyway as we tend to do musical beds in our house. Having 2 double beds will make this easier as I cant see my husband sleeping in a bunk lol!

littlebitofpixiedust

Saving of £80 between the two is good  :)

I must say I like both Cheyenne and Santa fe equally. If I had a choice at present it would definatley be the Santa fe purely because it's had a refurb and the cars theme is great for my little boy who's 6 he loved it on our last visit! (feb half term this year)

Went to Cheyenne early December last year and although I love the cowboy theme the rooms weren't up to scratch, many things were broken the tv didn't work properly, drawers were broken our card key slot was literally hanging of the wall  ::) and at the Santa fe everything was in perfect working order. But the wild west feel is amazing especially at night (hot choc sitting outside soaking up the atmosphere!)

I love all the Disney hotels tbh, they're all unique and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

HildeKitten

I have stayed in both and like both.
I'm not overly fond of the Cars theme though, but thats just a personal thing :)

I have to say that it always depends on who I'm going with when I book because for me either way is fine to be honest :)

I believe the breakfast in the Santa Fe and the Cheyenne is the same food wise, but the buffet dinner is different in both. Which doesn't really matter because you don't have to eat in the hotel you're booked in, you can go eat in other hotels just fine.

If you don't have little ones etc to consider and don't mind walking at all, your choice is basically between Cars/Mexicana and Cowboys/Wild West :)

rocker

Just booked the Santa Fe for 4 days in Feb.  Room only with a dream pass £154 for me & my daughter (booked direct on the phone with them)... an absolute steal so extremely happy  :) :D ;D

Price of the Eurostar direct was a bit silly, so went for the change in Lille & got return for £140 for 2 of us.  Dad has done it again with his four days of budget DLP fun... ;) with money saved might go for a character meal this time as we've not done one of those before.

One thing, when I called , I'd had a quote on the phone at £192 but the phone line dropped so I called straight back & & went through the process again the price dropped by £38 to £154...no idea why...so I booked there & then.  Anyone else had this happen??

Anyway, getting to the point...Not stayed in the Santa Fe before so my question is, can anyone tell me, do the rooms at Santa Fe have a fridge, a safe & a kettle.  I am aware of the advice to do breakfast at 7 to avoid the rush but does anyone have any other tips for a Santa Fe stay?