Disneyland tour?

Started by wdwmickey, November 06, 2016, 03:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wdwmickey

Can anyone give me any info about the Disneyland Tour?  There isn't much on the official website other than the price and a tiny description.  Thank you for your help 

NCC1701Q

We did the tour last July. This is what I wrote in my trip report:
We did the Disneyland Park Guided Tour on Sunday, and because I had booked this in advance we did this with a Dutch-speaking guide, Michael. There was just the four of us, no other participants. The tour was great, even our 4 year old son enjoyed himself, especially when he got a Mickey-balloon at the start of the tour. Unfortunately due to the hot weather it literally exploded about halfway the tour, with a very big bang. We walked through Maine Street, even got to go inside the barbers shop (the barber always seems to have a day off when we are in the park), then walked via Agrabah Café to Big Thunder Mountain, past Hakuna Matata to Pirates of the Caribbean and then back via Peter Pan, the Royal Castle and Main Street. At the end of the tour our son received a voucher for a new balloon and our daughter (she's 10) got one too.

If you book the tour well in advance and you're the first to book for that time, you can decide the language. I booked by emailing the events-department and then had to call them to give them my creditcard-info to pay upfront.

The tour was amazing, although it was 35 degrees Celcius that Sunday. There are so many little and big details you ordinarily just walk past when you're walking through Main Street or are doing attractions. And with the guide you get to enter all kinds of places you're usually not allowed in or don't even think of entering or looking at.
I would definitely recommend doing this tour. We are already thinking about doing the Studios Tour.

DisneyRon

I've done the Disneyland Park tour in September 2014, it's a 90 minute (I think) walking tour of the park.
It highlights many of the design touches that went into the park, call backs to the original US park, easter eggs.
Also the history of the many things you can see in the park.
It's a fun way to fill a part of your day.

In my opinion it's worth the money, especially if you're interested in the history of DLP.

A lot of how it all works out will depend on your guide, but I imagine they're all at least competent.

A&S&O

It all depends on who your guide is and what their particular interest is in the park.

We were disappointed as our tour was concentrated on main street - looking at the shop frontages, visiting Walts. We have a quick look around frontierland, fantasyland and discoveryland, but that was it.

Loved the Hidden Mickey being pointed out on the barrel of the Columbiad (only visible from one spot in fantasyland).

When booking, you may be able to specify what your interests are.

We've heard some people have been taken "behind the scenes" of rides, such as Star Tours.

We each got an exclusive pin at the end of the tour.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

DisneyRon

Quote from: A&S&O on November 07, 2016, 11:22:19 AM

We've heard some people have been taken "behind the scenes" of rides, such as Star Tours.

I've done that, it's quite interesting to see the ride in operation from the observation booth with the lights around the "spacecraft" turned on. It really dips and bobs quite a bit more than I expected to be honest. :)

Lolly_Belle

I'm thinking I would like to do this on our next trip! Could I ask how much the tour is?
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

DisneyRon

Quote from: Lolly_Belle on November 07, 2016, 06:52:44 PM
I'm thinking I would like to do this on our next trip! Could I ask how much the tour is?

25 € per Adult, 15 € per Child (3-11 years)

The price is the same for both Disneyland Parc and Disney Studios.

Lolly_Belle

Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC