HNY Breakfast?

Started by ch, October 28, 2016, 01:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch

Hi,

I booked some months ago for a trip in May 2017 on the .ie website.

My confirmation document clearly states my booking receives "an American breakfast".

If I look at my booking online now it says:

"Room type: Room with one large double bed or 2 double beds (for arrivals from 29th March 2017 : breakfast not included)"

It obviously didn't say that when I booked it, nor is that what it says on my confirmation document.

Any suggestions what I should do? I'm pretty much expecting breakfast as it's what I purchased ... will I be disappointed?

bad-pink-tink

Ring them , thats the only way you will know for sure. Make sure you have a print out of your original booking which states breakfast included. Bring this with you when you check in.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

ch

Thanks, I'll do that.

Does anyone have the UK number (not the 0870 thing) that would have been printed if I'd booked through .co.uk?
I've got the local Irish number but it's obviously not much use to me ...

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: ch on October 28, 2016, 01:53:49 PM
Thanks, I'll do that.

Does anyone have the UK number (not the 0870 thing) that would have been printed if I'd booked through .co.uk?
I've got the local Irish number but it's obviously not much use to me ...

Just ring the number you have and ask to be transferred to whichever country website you booked with. My last trip I booked with the French website. I needed to ring them so I rang the Irish number and asked to be transferred to the French call centre

ch

It was more I'd rather pay a local call to the UK and not an international call to ireland - but my booking documents have the Ireland number on them.

Is the .ie booking team actually different to the .uk one?

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: ch on October 28, 2016, 01:59:08 PM
It was more I'd rather pay a local call to the UK and not an international call to ireland - but my booking documents have the Ireland number on them.

Is the .ie booking team actually different to the .uk one?

ah ok, Im in Ireland :) the Irish number actually gets answered in Florida, in the main Disney call centre, but for me its just a local charge.  Im not sure about the UK number as Ive never rang that

MrsRoachy

Having read this post I re checked my booking and it said the same thing. I've just called them and they have confirmed that as I booked with the early booking offer breakfast is still included

ch

Thanks, that's great. I did try to call them but waited 20 minutes to hear a French lady mumbling to someone else and apparently not able to hear me, or aware she was speaking to someone. I gave up after that.

I suppose this screws us somewhat on the Meal Plans.
If I buy a new Meal Plan then I'm essentially paying twice for breakfast.
It might be better to pay-as-I-go for meals I guess ...