Half Board

Started by Ohana, October 27, 2016, 10:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Hi everyone. I'm back off to DLP in just over a week and have been considering phoning up and requesting the standard half board meal plan. I'm just wondering how this works, and if it's worth it?

Standard half board states that Disney hotel buffets, plus buffets in the village and in the parks are included. Does this basically mean all buffets (obviously bar Inventions), including Plaza Gardens? So I buy standard half board each and can eat in any buffet I want?

Also how much is one of these vouchers worth when putting towards another meal? I was only considering putting it towards a counter service meal as don't want to spend too much on food, would x1 half board standard voucher pay for a meal at, say, Hyperion or Colonel Hathi?

Also, is it worth it for me? We are a couple going for 5 nights, and want to budget our food, were only planning on eating at counter services but did fancy a buffet at some point.

Sorry I'm sure this has been asked millions I just want to know if it's worth it :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

DutchBrit

I guess it's worth it if you are prepared to spend the cost of the voucher every day on food. The thing is that if you eat in a cheaper restaurant, then you won't get any change back. Now that some of the menus are up, it would be a good idea to go though them first, pick the sort of thing you are likely to want to eat and see what it would cost.

You can also see what you get in each restaurant for a standard voucher: it's not a full choice and in some you only get two courses of a restricted menu.

Ohana

Oh where do I find out what I get for a standard voucher?
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

DutchBrit

Many of the menus show the different grades, but actually now I see that standard vouchers can only be used in buffets so obviously there isn't a difference there  ;)

But in others you can see the difference between what you get with plus vouchers and what you get with the premium ones. And vouchers can be used at whatever face value they have against other things, but they are probably always going to be more expensive than counter service and they won't give you change,so that's not the best idea.