Christmas/ New Year dining meal plans??

Started by Revk, September 26, 2016, 05:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revk

Hi

I'm new to this forum and have a few questions.

I'm looking at booking DLP either the week leading up to Christmas or over New Year 2016/17.
I've noticed when booking there isn't an option to select the normal dining plans, I'm assuming they do not operate these during the New year? E.g 28th Dec to 1st Jan... does anyone know if this is true?

In light of this, has anyone experienced eating :-\ at any of the food places during this period (without vouchers)? Or does this mean that the restaurants aren't open? E.g Plaza gardens, La Cantina, etc??

If these restaurants aren't open during this time, are there alternative places to eat? I have only come across the option to "add on" the table service option or princess restaurant, etc at a heavy cost £314- £498.

Has anyone experienced the flights home also on New Year's Day?? Are there any usual delays or flights generally like a normal day?

Anyone with any tips, advice or anything to do with visiting during those times would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
:-\   :)

CitrusZing

Hi,

I've looked at the meal plan small print that I copied and saved the other day from the Disneyland Paris online copy of the brochure (the website says the same), it says:
QuoteMeal plan vouchers and "Pause Gourmande" are not valid on 24th and 31st December; for meals on those dates, please contact us.

I'm guessing that this is because on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, several of the table service and buffet restaurants do special (expensive) Christmas meals. I can't see any other information though. I'm surprised it doesn't say the 25th too.

When you buy meal plans, you can only buy them for your entire stay, so I guess if one of your days is the 24th or 31st December then it's not going to let you add meal plans to your booking.

I think your best bet is to either phone Disneyland Paris or try and use the chat function that is on the online booking part of the website.

If you are there for Christmas and New Years and you want to get a view of options and costs, you can view the 2015 Christmas menus here: http://www.dlptownsquare.com/restaurant-menus/ under Former Specials.

The park restaurant opening hours and closures can be seen here: http://disneykindofday.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/December+Restaurant+Opening+Hours+2016. I had a quick look and everything looked open over Christmas. I'm guessing that the park will be quite busy.

Avoid eating during regular meal times, such as lunch 12-2:30pm. Oh and don't head for a meal if it starts to rain, everyone will be doing that. Plan your days where possible and use the Extra Magic Hours in the morning.

I can't answer the questions about flights though, sorry.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

grovesie

The French have their Christmas lunch on Christmas eve, this is why the restaurants do not take the vouchers. Most restaurants have a special menu which has a special cost, some of these can be expensive. We were there for Christmas a few years ago and ate at the village for Christmas Eve as they still had  normal menus , I think we went to Ludwigs.