New York Hotel - Breakfasts

Started by CitrusZing, September 11, 2016, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitrusZing

Hi all,

I'm currently doing some research into a possible trip to DLP in March 2017 for the Season of the Force.

Usually now we stay at Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest) and have I have stayed at DLH, Cheyenne and SF in the past. As NY and NPB are only two Disney hotels that I've not stayed at, I think we should try one of these. My partner would like to stay at DLH, but for the dates that we are considering the price is over £1,000 for two nights.

I am considering about NY as it is closer and smaller than NPB. The distance is important as my partner uses a wheelchair and we walk to the parks instead of getting the assistance shuttle.

After staying Golden Forest level at SL and the hassle-less and peaceful breakfasts there, I am wary of breakfasts in the other hotels.
Can anyone who has stayed at NY provide some details about breakfasts at NY please?
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Lolly_Belle

We stayed at the NYH in July and found the breakfast to hassle-free on the 2 days we were there. They have 2 breakfast rooms - one is the hotels main restaurant and is quiet large and the other is in the bar area. Personally, I preferred the smaller bar area as it was more intimate (with less children). Both rooms had the same menus and we went for breakfast at 7.30am the first day and 8am the second and were seated with no problems at all both days. We picked this hotel and my OH loves a hot breakfast and can say it was all was very nice!

Hope that helps  :)
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

CitrusZing

Thanks Lolly_Belle.
Do you have to order hot items separately or are they on the buffet?
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:

Lolly_Belle

They are on the buffet, so you can just help yourself. Personally, I love their bacon and fried potatoes....making me hungry just thinking about it!
Sept 1999 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Jul 2000 - WDW off-site
Oct 2001 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Nov/Dec 2002 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
Mar 2006 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Dec/Jan 2008/9 - WDW Swan Hotel
Oct 2014 - DLP Disneyland Hotel
Jul 2016 - DLP Hotel New York
Nov/Dec 2017 - DLP Sequoia Lodge GF
May 2019 - DLP Newport Bay CC

CitrusZing

Thank you for your help. I remember the bacon and the potatoes from SL. My partner will be pleased about the potatoes  :D.
Upcoming: