Last minute tips

Started by Quackquack, September 04, 2016, 02:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackquack

Hi everyone

Getting last minute things in place as we go to Disneyland next Monday for the first time. Was wondering if any1 had any last minute tips as you all seem to have visited lot of times before.

Few things I'm thinking about are:

Where is best to watch the parade?

Where is best to watch dreams?

Where to eat?

Getting the best out of extra magic hours?

Anything will be much appreciated! I'm very excited and it's my 2 year old first holiday too so want to make sure it's the best it can be

Thank you

P.s anyone know how much the Minnie and mickey balloons are just of their heads that you see everywhere?

stormflm595

Download a disneyland paris queue time app if you have a smart phone and keep an eye on it up to your trip to sew what rides are busiest at the moment e.g. Peter pans flight is always a long queue so this would be a good one to do in extra magic hours!

Also I like to, at least once, sit down on Central Plaza to watch Dreams as you get an amazing up close view. You'll have to get there an hour before the start but everyone in the area all sit down as well so no one is in your way and you're that close thay you get water sprayed on you by the fountains.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Marie2003

We always try to watch the parade from its starting point next to Small World or the Bella Notte restaurant; that way you can see the parade and still enjoy shorter queue times whilst everyone else is watching it go through the plaza and down Main Street!
As for Dreams, if you're planning on taking your 2 year old to see it and you're there for several nights, I'd definitely recommend standing further back from the castle the first time you see it. The show includes a lot of fireworks and pyrotechnics that they might find rather scary if you're right by the castle. We stood in front of the bandstand at the station end of Main Street, and although the view isn't as good, I can assure you that it's still absolutely magical!
If you're not sure where to eat, there's a website called ED92 that has pdf files of most of the menus for the restaurants on the resort, which should give you an idea of what you fancy. One thing to note is that the portion sizes in the counter service restaurants are a lot bigger than you think!
Have a great time :)
August 2003- Offsite
August 2008- Offsite
August 2016- Sequoia Lodge
August 2017- Cheyenne
August 2018- Cheyenne
December 2019- Sequoia Lodge

Vikkilou

We went last week averaged getting to peter pan about 8.15 on 5 min wait, got off n stright back on then went to buzz & was the same 5 min on off on. Met goofy & Pluto one morn waited about 15 mins. Other queues for characters didn't look bad either.  There's areas closed off with cast members there but if u have early magic hrs u can access some areas like the dragon under the castle. WE also did dumbo & waited 5 mins for that.  Def worth getting in there early when u look at the wait times later on in the day for those rides
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

Quackquack

Thanks for all the advice everyone!  Heading away first thing in the morning very very excited!