First timer and nervous! Please help x

Started by Lookingforwonderland, August 30, 2016, 03:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookingforwonderland

I am due to go to DLP in a few weeks and I am getting nervous because it will be my first time visiting there and my daughters first holiday abroad.  This is probably going to sound very stupid, but I need to know what to expect when I get there.  Basically I am a fatty tattie  :-[ and I don't want to embarrass my girl if I don't fit my bottom on to some of the rides.  Can anyone suggest which rides I should avoid that appear to be a tight squeeze? Thanks in advance,
Lookingforwonderland xx

stormflm595

Hi Lookingforwonderland!

Please don't be nervous, you're both going to have an amazing time, it's so magical!

The only ride I'd imagine would cause any issues would be Orbitron in Discoveryland...very tight squeeze particularly when there are two of you in there! Me and my friend could barely move about in it and we range from a size 10 to a size 16.

Autopia could cause an issue too but hopefully it'll be okay :)

Hope that helps a little!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Lookingforwonderland

Oh wow!  I thought I would end up with a massive list of places to avoid.  That has eased my mind a lot, thank you :)

stormflm595

A lot of rides are actually rather spacious once you sit down so you should be fine.

Crushes Coaster is a bit of a squeeze too actually but that's depending on whether your daughter would be tall enough or would want to ride it (not sure on her age :D) as it is a very fast (and very fun!) thrill ride.

If you're worried when you're there, there are cast members on the entrances who you'll be able to have a quiet word with.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

twentythingamabobs

Ah please don't worry! Even for Crush, it's mainly long legged creatures like myself that struggle to fold themselves in! The teacups are a bit of a squeeze and definitely give Orbitron a miss, it is sooo tight! But other than that, just enjoy the magic! You will have an amazing time, don't let this worry dampen your excitement!

Samninetysix

polar vixen

I'm a size 22. tge only ride I struggle with id's Crush's coaster. I for bit I don't feel secure.  orbitron is a squeeze just wear trousers duo you don't feel completely undignified climbing in and out.  lol.  I haven't done Indiana jokes but have done everything sense and never had any problems☺

Slimy yet satisfying

Without wanting to turn this thread smutty I am not particularly a "fattie tattie" but am very top heavy if you know what I mean ;) The rides I have difficulty on are RC, Indy and R& Rolla because of the over head and chest fastening. It is always a tight squeeze over my chest but I find a gap around my tummy and bottom which causes me to slide about a bit..I never really feel secure and always get sore hands and arms from clutching the foam!
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

Lookingforwonderland

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I am top heavt too   :-[  but hopefully won't need to go on anything with over top bars as my little girl is only 5 and 110cm, so sounds like I will be safe.  I had an awful experience in blackpool years ago when I was only a size 2p and that has frightened me for life, saying that, we are not long back from blackpool and I didn't have any problems, well apart from doras world adventure feeling slightly on the verge of a capsize lol but all good xx

MagicMarson

I'm 6'7" and weight 110kg. I haven't been turned of a ride and I've been 12 times in three trips. You'll be fine.