Booking restaurants on Monday...what do you think of my plan? First time at DLP.

Started by susiej, October 14, 2016, 01:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susiej

Good morning everyone,
This is my first post :)

We arrive on Sunday18th and depart Wed  21st December. I originally paid for half board premiuim, but also managed to get half board plus for free so in effect are now full board. What do you think of these choice, times ? We are travelling with our 4 year old twins, and believe the park will be open until 10pm on the dates we will be there. We are staying in Golden Forest Sequena lodge.

Arrive Sunday - Lunch 12pm (plus voucher) Sequena Lodge      then 6pm inventions (premium voucher)

Monday Lunch 12pm (premium) Princess  lunch       then      7pm   sequena lodge (plus voucher)

Tuesday  Lunch 12pm (plus voucher)  Chez remy      then      7.30 inventions, (premium vouchr) so we finidh in time for dreams/fireworks.

Any advice, suggestions?
Many Thanks

x

msRavenswood

Hello and welcome to the forum! From my understanding you're interested in character meals? Because if you're not, there are other options to consider, such as Blue Lagoon and Walt's (as far as more expensive restaurants are concerned). Our personal favourite, apart from Chez Remy which you've booked, is Silverspur Steakhouse, it's less expensive than your choices so you will lose money, but the food and atmosphere are worth a visit, in our opinion always. Perhaps you could choose to eat once at the Sequoia Lodge, unless there's a reason of conveniency why you chose to eat there twice.

susiej

Thanks for your input.

We are staying at the sequoia lodge thats why i thought it might be a good idea to do one night, then when we first arrive as its buffet style so I thought it might suit the kids,

Would you say the plus menu at chez remy is decent enough for kids? Where is the silverspur steakhouse located? and do they do childrens menu?

Thanks

Disneymaria

I love Inventions, but if I we're you I would consider changing one of the meals at Inventions to the Buffalo Bill Wild West show ☺️
April 2012 Davy Crockett
March 2013 Cheyenne
November 2013 Cheyenne
November 2014 Disneyland Hotel
November 2015 Sequoia Lodge
November 2016 Sequoia Lodge Golden forest

Disneymaria

And perhaps the evening meal at Sequoia Lodge to Cafe Mickey instead since you already had lunch there ☺️
April 2012 Davy Crockett
March 2013 Cheyenne
November 2013 Cheyenne

susiej

I've heard mixed revies of cafe mickey and the food? Have you been.

Also, i think the buffalo bill show might not be suitable for my 4 year old girls, im not sure they would enjoy it, or be too tired.

Do you have experience of the show also?

msRavenswood

To tell you the truth, I have no experience with kids menus, so I can't advise on that. Silverspur is located at Frontierland. As far as Café Mickey is concerned, we went for breakfast there and liked it, but I've read mixed reviews about lunch and dinner so I wouldn't recommend using your vouchers there.

Disneymaria

I've been to cafe Mickey twice, the one time absolute amazing, the second time it was ok but I Think that it was mostly because of the people who had the table next to us acted like they owned the restaurant.
We're going again this year, also because it will close for caracter meal from march, so we want to try it one last time ☺️

Buffalo Bill
We have 4 kids in the ages 5 , 7, 8 and 10. They love it and would Like to go again, I love it to but we're not going this year, we've now saw it 3 times and the show haven't changed ☺️
First time we saw it was 3 years ago and I only took the 2 of my Boys who was 4 & 7 at that time, afterwards we went all of us, the little one was 3 the first time he Saw it, every single time it was a Big succes and they we're blown away ☺️

This time we have planned meals at : Inventions, Hunters grill (Sequoia Lodge), cafe Mickey and Annettes ☺️

At Bistrot chez remy I love the theming but not the food that much, neither did my kids ☺️
April 2012 Davy Crockett
March 2013 Cheyenne
November 2013 Cheyenne