How far out do you need to book reservations in november?

Started by martyn321, September 12, 2016, 06:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyn321

Hi, my first post on the magic forum!

Were doing DLP for the first time this November and got a half board plus dining plan.

Being off peak do you guys think its ok to decide on the day what restaurant (not including character dining) we would like to dine at and book on the day? Im not mad on the idea of pre-planning where we eat in advance.

Having a 3 year old with us we would be wanting to eat our evening meal around 6-7pm.

Interested to hear your thoughts?

CHEERS!

daddyof2

Welcome to the forum Martyn. I've never been in November but my feeling is that it's a quiet period so booking ahead may not be required. However, my advice in these matters is always the same - if there's any particular restaurant you definitely want to eat at, book ahead. You should be mindful that not all restaurants will be open when you visit and some in the parks will be open for lunch only. On our first visit with our kids in June 2014, we booked when we arrived but had to be a bit flexible. Also, the hotel restaurants will be quite busy around that time of the evening (we had to go to McDonalds as the waits were too long). If you do make a reservation in advance, you're not beholden to it so can always change your mind.

Henriette

Hi.
I booked today with no problems. We are going 16-22 October, so 4+ weeks from now.
I booked Hotel New York's Parkside Diner, Inventions at Hotel Disneyland and Blue Lagoon, all for dinner( 10.00, 8.00 and 6.00 o,clock) I booked Parkside Diner 4 times, as we have Hotel Full Board for free in our trip. Only thing, you can't book f.ex 9.45, it has to be eighter 9.30 or 10.00. All the other trips ( in September) I have booked when we arrived with no problems. If You are sure that you want to eat at a special restaurent, then I would book that one, just to be sure😊.

Nicola

You can book all restaurants 60 days in advance of your booking. We book all ours and I'm generally  not a planner. I usually want to eat in certain places whilst we are there and like you at specific ish times so we have always booked ahead in both December and January. We found one December and early December not near Christmas that is was even hard to get a decent time in the hotel restaurant despite the park not being that busy. Good luck
Cheyenne 1998
Cheyenne 2013
Cheyenne 2014
Cheyenne 2015
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Feb)
Disneyland Hotel 2017 (Oct)
Disneyland Hotel 2018

Waiting for... ****Disneyland Hotel 2021****