Photopass

Started by MrsRoachy, June 15, 2016, 09:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrsRoachy

When we went to dlp recently we didn't buy the Photopass, mainly because we didn't really know what it was! Can someone explain it to me? Do you get to see every photo that's taken? Can you print them at home and/or via an online print option? Is it worth the money? And can you save then to your computer or di you lost them after a certain amount of time? We don't know whether to get one on our next visit.

Sorry for all the questions!

Vikkilou

Definitely worth it we paid €50 & we got all our ride pics & character meet & greets   you just get given a lanyard with a card on that the photographer scans (if I remember correct) then the photo o is sent to your account. You need to get the photo pass app to view your pics & then you can save them into your phone's memory as they are only on the app so long.  Definitely worth it we got 38 photos taken last year,  definitely would not of been able to afford all those.  Think the only thing hubby said about the rides pics was that they wouldn't zoom in on you, you just got the pic with everyone else on the ride.  You can add photo pass to your bookings or buy it from the first shop on the right corner past the bandstand
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

juttawdw

If you go to the ride counter to add photos to your photopass the will zoom the pics for you.

stifle

PhotoPass+ now costs €59.99 but is great value. As mentioned above the cast member at the desk will be more than happy to zoom or pan the photo, particularly good on rides like The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror or Pirates of the Caribbean where you might have 20 guests in shot. If you add the photo to the app by scanning its QR code or entering its reference number, this facility isn't available.

Without PhotoPass+ you can purchase printed or digital photos from €15.99 each.

A&S&O

How long does the card last? We're at DLP for 10 days in the summer, could we use one card throughout our whole stay?

thanks
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

DorteB

The pass is valid for 10 days, if you have an annual pass you can get one that is valid for 1 year at €39,99  ;D .... your photos will stays on www.disneyphotopass.eu for 1 year  :D.... but remember to log on to www.disneyphotopass.eu and save a HD copy to your pc, the one you download to your phone is not a good quality for printing  ;)

polar vixen

if you've booked direct with Disney, you can add it onto your package for about £38, much cheaper than buying when you get there!

billy

i'm sorry to disagree with everyone but i dont think it is good value for money. we bought one the first day of our trip as i read the posts and everyone said it was great, don't get me wrong the pictures we had taken are great but what i was disappointed with was how little it could be used during meet and greets. We saw loads of characters but the pass could only be used with Princess Tiana, Mickey, Buzz and the Prncess Pavilion all the others unfortunately had no photographers so for us personally i think it is too expensive.

MrsRoachy

Thanks for all your feedback. Something to consider for our return visit possibly

Vikkilou

Aw really?? There seemed to be a photographer with every character last year
We just added it to our booking ( we booked with thomson) we paid £38 for it
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

cjebs

Quote from: Vikkilou on June 17, 2016, 07:40:18 PM
Aw really?? There seemed to be a photographer with every character last year
We just added it to our booking ( we booked with thomson) we paid £38 for it

if you are planning on doing all the rides and like collecting ride photos then it will still worth it.

i really like the fact i could order different things with it on my return.

i got a mug made with all our snaps ill try and upload a photo :)

cjebs

Custom Cup

[attachment deleted by admin]

stifle

Quote from: DorteB on June 17, 2016, 11:15:29 AM
The pass is valid for 10 days, if you have an annual pass you can get one that is valid for 1 year at €39,99  ;D .... your photos will stays on www.disneyphotopass.eu for 1 year  :D.... but remember to log on to www.disneyphotopass.eu and save a HD copy to your pc, the one you download to your phone is not a good quality for printing  ;)
Note annual PhotoPass+ is now €47.99 for Dream cardholders and €53.99 for Fantasy and Classic.

A&S&O

There are currently 4 character meet and greets, 3 rides and no "roaming" photographers where you can use photopass.
We're rather disappointed afet the photopass experience we had in Florida.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?