Halloween costume restrictions

Started by flowered, July 04, 2016, 11:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flowered

Hello! This is my first post so apologies if I'm doing anything wrong.

We're going to DLP for the Halloween party this year, and my boyfriend is thinking about dressing up as Carl from Up. Does anyone know if he would be allowed to take Carl's tennis ball walking stick, as it's not a weapon but it's obviously not a real walking aid either? Just want to be sure before we start planning. Thank you to anyone who can help!

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: flowered on July 04, 2016, 11:53:37 PM

We're going to DLP for the Halloween party this year, and my boyfriend is thinking about dressing up as Carl from Up. Does anyone know if he would be allowed to take Carl's tennis ball walking stick, as it's not a weapon but it's obviously not a real walking aid either? Just want to be sure before we start planning. Thank you to anyone who can help!

Hiya, they have just released the rules, things like that are not allowed in DLP im afraid, only in florida for some reason. I was talking to a few disney Cms who said they are upping the security for their halloween soiree. Im not even allowed my toy pirate sword with me outfit

here they are :)

Information about the wearing of costumes:
Guests are exceptionally authorized to wear Halloween-themed costumes during this special evening event. However, we reserve the right, at our discretion and at any time, to prohibit certain costumes such as those which completely conceal the wearer's face or head and/or if we consider the costume/accessories/make-up shocking or inappropriate for our younger guests and their families. The same applies to accessories that could be considered dangerous on attractions for other Guests (e.g. long capes, sticks, weapons factitious etc.) or could affect safety or security within the Park. As a reminder and according to the rules of the Parks, please note that the following items may not be brought into the Parks:
Any object or toy having the appearance of a firearm (laser, gun, water gun, ...)
Any mask worn by Guests of 12 years of age or older (except for medical reasons)
Any clothing trailing on the ground.
For safety reasons, we also reserve the right to visually inspect or use security scanning equipment on your clothing, coats and personal belongings before entry and/ or inside the Parks especially for guests wearing multi layered costumes that cover the entire body. Guests who would like to wear a Disney Character costume commit to refrain from posing for photos and from signing autographs.

Take what you can....give nothing back.

flowered

Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on July 05, 2016, 10:06:12 AM
Quote from: flowered on July 04, 2016, 11:53:37 PM

Hiya, they have just released the rules, things like that are not allowed in DLP im afraid, only in florida for some reason. I was talking to a few disney Cms who said they are upping the security for their halloween soiree. Im not even allowed my toy pirate sword with me outfit

here they are :)

Information about the wearing of costumes:
Guests are exceptionally authorized to wear Halloween-themed costumes during this special evening event. However, we reserve the right, at our discretion and at any time, to prohibit certain costumes such as those which completely conceal the wearer's face or head and/or if we consider the costume/accessories/make-up shocking or inappropriate for our younger guests and their families. The same applies to accessories that could be considered dangerous on attractions for other Guests (e.g. long capes, sticks, weapons factitious etc.) or could affect safety or security within the Park. As a reminder and according to the rules of the Parks, please note that the following items may not be brought into the Parks:
Any object or toy having the appearance of a firearm (laser, gun, water gun, ...)
Any mask worn by Guests of 12 years of age or older (except for medical reasons)
Any clothing trailing on the ground.
For safety reasons, we also reserve the right to visually inspect or use security scanning equipment on your clothing, coats and personal belongings before entry and/ or inside the Parks especially for guests wearing multi layered costumes that cover the entire body. Guests who would like to wear a Disney Character costume commit to refrain from posing for photos and from signing autographs.

Oh man that sucks, but I understand why they're upping security so much. Thank you for helping!

CaptainKennySparrow

it is a fantastic night tho! and the costumes people were are incredible!! I went as jack sparrow with my family and had a few cast members asking if iw as the real one hahaha
Take what you can....give nothing back.