Lucky Nugget Saloon - what can vegetarians eat?

Started by Poohbearfan, June 05, 2016, 10:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poohbearfan

I have my heart set on pork ribs when we are there, but it looks like the only non-buffet option in the parks is The Lucky Nugget. However there looks like precious little on the menu for my vegetarian husband. Did I make it up that it is possible to order a veggie burger even though it is not on the menu?
Also, does anyone know if the puppet show runs constantly or if it is possible to miss it? Thanks

polar vixen

I think they have ribs on aa la carte menu at cowboy cookout.  they've always had then when we've been there.

Poohbearfan

Thanks, unfortunately Cowboy Cookout is listed as shut the whole time we are there.

MrsRoachy

We returned last week and ate in the Lucky Nugget twice. I can't help with the vegetarian option as none of us are vegetarian so didn't notice that. The puppet shows don't run constantly. When we were there we had a lady (first visit) and a man (second visit) running the show, getting the diners to join in with songs etc. We Saw 2 puppet shows first time and 1 second time. There were 2 different bands that came out to sing songs and entertain too which was nice.

Vikkilou

So are you not guaranteed to see a show at the lucky nugget? Do u have to book & go in at set times for the shows??
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

MrsRoachy

Quote from: Vikkilou on June 10, 2016, 09:33:49 PM
So are you not guaranteed to see a show at the lucky nugget? Do u have to book & go in at set times for the shows??

They don't take reservations so you can't book. The puppet shows are on repeat through the day. I guess it depends how long you sit there as to how many of the shows you see. You should see at least 1 though i would imagine, as it tends to be puppet show, singing, puppet show, singing if you see what I mean. There are small gaps between each one but there's no reason for you to miss a show.

Poohbearfan

Thank you. I am give it a try and report back. I can't see how they can have no veggie option now they've upped the entertainment.

Slimy yet satisfying

I can't undertand why there isn't at least one veggie option in all eateries? I'm happy to eat either and really how difficult is it to have a bean burger option? Seems a bit narrowed thinking.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

MrsRoachy

I'm sure there will be a veggie option I just didn't notice one as it isn't something we would look for

Vikkilou

Anyone know if I can use out meal voucher here & just die to the loss of the difference?
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

stifle

Yes, meal plan vouchers are valid for their cost price at Lucky Nugget Saloon.

Vikkilou

Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

billy

i dont know if you eat fish but they had fish and chips on their menu in feb!

polar vixen

we go in September.  if you visit before us could you please let us know as my mum us a veggie too and was not impressed with tge fish burger at cafe Hyperion

Poohbearfan

The answer to if there was a veggie option was "it is finished". Not sold out to be available the next day, point blank finished. :-( Was quite disappointed as not even the option to have only chips. I really should email my dissatisfaction.