Plaza Gardens - best time to go

Started by mmsd, June 12, 2016, 11:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmsd

Hi everyone, still planning my meals but have been reading good things about plaza gardens.  We are on a meal plan.  I have read that it is a very busy buffet restaurant, is it open all day long?  What would be the best time to go, before the parade, during the parade?  We will be there from 5th - 9th July so can anybody confirm what time the parade will be.  Would ye recommend this restaurant, and are there unlimited drinks?
Thanks in advance for your help

polar vixen

I'd reCommend.  good is stocked up constantly do there's no worry there up until about an hour before closing when they seem to sip putting food out so definitely eat before then. during parades id's supposed to be quieter although off you can get away with just having one big meal a day why not eat about 3 or 4. outSide if conventional meal times is also quiet

Karen101

you are going at the same time as us mmsd :)

I have to say i really enjoyed Plaza Gardens when we went in 2014.  The Cast Members were very sweet to my dd, the food was lovely and it was fresh even though it was busy.

We went just after the parade so it was busy at that time :)

Vikkilou

We enjoyed it last year   u just get one drink with your meal ticket but you can purchase more. 
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

stifle

The best time to go to Plaza Gardens is the time you have a reservation for. Go without one and you could be waiting up to an hour whilst guests with reservations waltz straight in.

It includes unlimited soft drinks but you need to request the refills from a cast member; they don't tend to offer them proactively.

fairymom

We were there last month. We aired around 15 mins without a reservation at 8pm.
We really enjoyed the food and ambience.

mmsd

Thank you for all the reply's I think we will definitely book here so.
Karen 101, are you all set?  I still think its ages away but then I realise its only 3 weeks, its gonna creep up on me so fast  :o

I have one more question, we are staying at Hotel New York.  Do we have to pick a breakfast time when we arrive?  And is it the same time everyday.  We are hoping to get to Disney for EMH on a few days so, what if we got an early breakfast time, can we come back and have breakfast, or could we go earlier to breakfast than whats on our time slot, are the strict about times?

Karen101

I think I am hahaha :) we shall have to see, ive been buying loads in Pennys, I could have shares there now!  All my dinning reservations bar one are done ...we are full board so man its a lot of food but oh well hahaha I cant wait!!

yes when you arrive at check in the will ask you which breakfast slot you want, and no it doesn't have to the be the same every day you can pick and choose as you like :) as for being strict im not sure to be honest, if you go outwith your time I presume you just have to take the risk you might have to line up for longer?

we are in the Newport Bay, but we are staying at the compass club, so I know the breakfast lines are a lot shorter there...

mmsd

Oh lucky you staying in the compass club.  I really like the look of the Newport bay, and since it got refurbished it must be fab.  We were debating about staying there or the New York Hotel but picked the New York as its closer to the parks as the kids are still quiet young.  Hope I didn't make the wrong decision.

I must take a trip to penney's, although I did order my DD a beautiful Belle costume yesterday, cant wait for it to arrive  :D

Thanks for your help