Do the prices go up and down daily?

Started by Loopylou532, June 11, 2016, 09:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loopylou532

I was going to book 4 nights in dec on the German site. All week it's been quoting the same amount. Today I go on - same dates etc and it's €159 more? Do they just randomly go up? I thought the prices were fixed as it said book by October

cjebs

its based on demand and how many have been booked this week as they normally release only so many rooms at a certain price.

try resetting your cookies as this works for other travel sites where it knows u have looked recently and puts the price up to create urgency for consumers to commit to a holiday before the prices "go up again". its sneaky but fairly common on places like booking.com trivago etc.

cookies can also trick websites into thinking that room/holiday/date choice has already been selected and therefore is no longer available.(u can trick cinema and theatre websites like this by having 2 windows open at the same time so you can fake reserve seats to push you down a row for a better view as they quite often don't allow you to leave gaps when booking n the internet)

no idea if disney works in the same way but i wouldn't be surprised

Loopylou532

Thank you.
I tried the cookie trick and it hasn't worked :(
I'm now worried it's going to go up and uo and don't know Wether to wait and see if the price falls back down agian or Wether I should book it now?

Zee79

Have you tried using another device to check the prices? I found if had been looking in my laptop after a few times the price changed yet looking on my tablet I had the original price.

cjebs

Quote from: Zee79 on June 11, 2016, 12:34:39 PM
Have you tried using another device to check the prices? I found if had been looking in my laptop after a few times the price changed yet looking on my tablet I had the original price.

this is normally the laptop cookies saving your info.

have you tried swapping to another country website to see if you can get a better deal.

you can also sometimes get a better deal by phoning up anyway I believe as they can just select the best one from all the countries (depending how nice your rep is on the phone)  ;D

Loopylou532

Giving them a call may be a good idea. Does anyone have the number to call?

stifle

Unlike most providers, Disneyland Paris does not manipulate the prices of holidays or increase or decrease them dynamically. Nor does it have blocks of rooms at different price levels. The brochure price is fixed at the start of each season, and the only thing that changes is what offer is available at any stage, such as 20% off, kids stay and eat free, free half board, buy 2 nights get 1 free, and so on.

To the OP: are you sure you were presented with the same type of room each time? One possibility is it may have suggested a different room category such as a room near the river in Cheyenne.

DisneyDuckLover

Again, sorry to post the same message but it is relevant...

Visit www.holidayhamster.co.uk I booked through them and they can better the price you get through DLP, which is bonkers but they can! I booked my May trip with them - super happy with their service.
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram:
@DisneyDuckLover

I visit DLP regularly as a Dreams AP guest, and in the past year have visited HKDL and WDW.

My next long haul trip is Disneyland in California.

I am obsessed with the Disney duck gang!