I've just used the reservation hotline for the first time

Started by jeakat24, May 17, 2016, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

We're going for four days in June and have most of our meals booked, or planned, now. It's so different to how we usually do things but we've got the free half board meal vouchers and want to make the most of them.

Before when we've visited we make book 1 or 2 meals at the hotel but tend to just see what we fancy at the time, plus we mostly just use counter service restaurants and have one 'big' meal (either at Walts, the Steakhouse, or Silver Spur) per trip.

So here's our list of meals for anyone who wants to know:

Day 1: We'll arrive around lunch time so we'll get our tickets and meal vouchers and head to Annette's for lunch (it's a tradition for us) and then dinner will just be something light on the way back to the hotel.

Day 2: For lunch we'll be eating in Bistrot Chez Remy (a first for us) and then Buffalo Bills for dinner (a first for the kids and the first time we'll be seeing it with Mickey and Friends)

Day 3: For lunch we're currently thinking we'll stop by the Lucky Nugget. We think the kids will enjoy the new puppet shows. And for dinner (another first for us) will be Blue Lagoon. Always wanted to eat here but it's always either been shut when we've tried or we've been on the other side of the park and just decided to eat somewhere else.

Day 4: A nice slow lunch at Plaza Gardens and then we'll grab a quick bite from somewhere as we leave the park around 6pm.

I can't wait, and I'm getting properly excited now!

I was wondering how everyone else plans their meals, if you do at all?

Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

Zee79

We do. Just waiting for the 60 days so I can book my meals.
This year we are thinking about:
Night 1- Cheyenne since its where we are staying & have been traveling early that morning     booked  :)
Night 2- Plaza gardens -never eaten here before.        booked  :)
Night 3- Santa Fe- love the food & always hold spec place in our hearts since it was the first Disney hotel we stayed in.   booked.
Night 4- Inventions for the very first time, we never treat ourselves usually to higher priced meals so this year we are, my youngest is ecstatic about it because it's in THE pink hotel 😀.      BOOKED!!!!

We prefer buffets esp since I have 2 daughters who are swimmers and can eat for England so more cost effective haha
We never plan lunches as such, just see which area of the parks we are in when we are hungry, except for day 1 when we always have lunch in Earl of Sandwich, I was going to try elsewhere this time but my eldest looked so upset when I mentioned it so we are eating there usual, anyone who knows my eldest she doesn't show that much emotion so this was major  :).

dag1986

I usually avoid having any meals in the parks at all, except for small quick bites, beacause A-they'd take time away from the rides B- I always feel a bit dizzy and sleepy after a meal!
That's usually the plan...even if I have to admit I'm not always faithful to it...blue lagoon, Chez remy...just too tempting!
Dinner time... Luckily (or unluckily) I never grow tired of earl of sandwich in the Village. Either sandwiches, salads or soup, the value is just great to me, a lot of ingredients to choose from and I never found anything bad there.
DLP Visits:
June 2006 - Magic Circus Hotel;
January 2013 - Cheyenne Hotel;
January 2014 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
January 2015 - Santa Fe' Hotel;
December 2015 - Kyriad Hotel;
February 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
November 2016 - Kyriad Hotel;
Coming next:
November 2017 - Vienna House Dream Castle...
and counting...

ZoeG

Going for 6 nights on Sun 7th August! We have half board premium, and are going with our 5 year old daughter.

We will arrive on Sunday afternoon so will head to Earl of Sanwich once we get there, I am a veggie and they do an awsome sandwich with buffalo mozzarella and balsamic glaze!

Sunday night: Inventions
Monday: Blue Lagoon
Tuesday: Chez Remy
Wednesday: Anettes Diner
Thursday: Cinderella Lunch (This day is me and my husbands 2 year wedding anniversary, and also 10 years anniversary overall, and I am hoping to book a princess makeover for my daughter in the morning of this day too!)
Friday: Last night so we will go to the buffalo bill show.
Saturday: No meal voucher for this day so we plan to have a big late lunch at Planet Hollywood before we get the coach for our flight which isnt til 8.45pm.

This will be our second time going to DLP, didnt go to any of these restaurants last time round, so excited! :)

daddyof2

We plan for one big meal per day (either lunch or dinner, depending on where) and one counter service

Zee79

We used the reservation line for the first time last night. We managed to book night 1 & 2 but couldn't book nights 3 & 4. We've got to ring back Friday to do that. It took hubby minutes to ring & book (it was after 9pm UK time). The  lad was so helpful.

girlinleeds

we go in just over a week, we've booked
monday, buffalo bills
Tuesday lunch, cinderella meal
Wednesday, blue lagoon
thursday inventions

we dont normally book but we really want to eat at these places as husband says its the last time we will go back to disneyland  :'(

Zee79

Finally booked the final two restaurants, got one ecstatic child  :) Those on the reservation line were not as helpful at the man on Wednesday night. Hubby rang this morning & was told "I can't hear you" and they put the phone down in him. He rang back & was put on hold. When he finally got through he was told that Inventions do not accept half board meal plans, standard or plus, at this point i had joined hubby & spoke to the lady myself & asked if this was  new because I thought you could just pay the extra €30 euro or so per person when you got there. Her response "oh yes, sorry, I just wanted to make sure you understood that you needed to do this" err she never said that. But hey we have all 4 meals booked now so all we got to do is decide where we have lunch when we are there  :D

fairymom

I decided for our last trip (start of this month) to book meals in advance and try new restaurants. As it happens we couldn't decide ahead of time where and when we wanted to eat so we just booked Inventions for my daughter's birthday and made decisions there spontaneously.
As it happens the one meal I booked, Inventions, was too early. I went for 6pm as that's when we usually eat here but over there we seem to be ready for dinner around 7.30 or 8. I tried to change it over there for a later time but the latest they could do was 6.30.
The first night we went to Plaza Gardens. It was only around 10 mins wait at 8.30pm with no reservation.
Second night was Inventions.
Third night we ate at Planet Hollywood. Again, around 20 mins wait with no reservation. So not worth the money by the way, the food was awful.
Fourth night we ate at friends' in Paris we were visiting.

Next time I think we'll do the same thing, just see on the day what we fancy.

Zee79

We don't normally pre book our restaurants like this, if we do its once we get there either all at once or every morning for that evening. We've only done it this time because of Inventions & with it being the summer holidays, its been a while since I've been to DLP in the summer I'm not sure how busy it will be.

solo_beckett

We went at Christmas last year, I genuinely think we would have been eating in McDonalds if I had not booked everything in advance.
We did 24/12 Cape Cod dinner, 25/12 Inventions brunch, 26/12 Bistro Chez Remy dinner, 27/12 Walts, 28/12 Auberge-de-cendrillon lunch. The park was so busy though we caught a lunch in Agrabah one day and Cowboy Cookout another day and it was not too bad.

Vikkilou

How flexible are they with times?? Am thinking of booking but then wondering what happens if ur running slightly late?
I want to book for chuck wagon the day we arrived, land at 9.30 at airport so assume we should arrive at cheyenne no later than 12 ?? Would I lose my voucher if there was a problem & we got there late??
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17

daddyof2

You certainly wouldn't lose your voucher. At worst you'd have to wait for a table, but at a hotel for lunch you shouldn't have too many issues

Vikkilou

Thank you.  We were pretty lucky when we went last may got straight in everywhere, took longer to queue for our tea time treats. We're going beginning of sept this time tho & didn't. Know if it would be busier
Santa fe may 15
Cheyenne sept 16
Sequoia sept 17