cot provision at sequoia lodge

Started by Weeali, May 18, 2016, 02:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weeali

Hello,
First time post - we arrive on Monday and having a last minute panic.
I emailed to check cot provision and was told they can provide a cot but don't provide mattresses for health and safety reasons?!!
I have no idea what other parents are doing in this situation. How can I bring a mattress? I don't even know cot sizes even if it was an option?
Wondering if the email was wrong as English was a second language.
Anyone able to help please??
Many thanks
Ali

disneymagic006

Hi they give you a travel cot, it's without a mattress as health and safety say they can't be used for different children - like in UK if you get a second hand cot they always say you need mattress new.

It's fairly soft but you can use bedding in the bottom to make it more comfy if needed. Obviously depending on age of the child as to suitability of bedding. We took sheets and blankets of our own.

Hope this helps.
1992 - Newport Bay
1994 - Newport Bay
1997 - Sequoia Lodge
1999 - Davy Crockett
2002 - Santa Fe
2005 - Davy Crockett
2008 - Santa Fe
2010 - Sequoia Lodge (January)
2010 - Newport Bay (August)
2015 - Cheyenne
2017 - Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest stay booked for 5 nights July 2017. Excited for the 25th Anniversary!

billy

when ever this used to happen to us we used the matress from our carrycot part of our pram. so if you had a carry cot or moses basket i would take that matress with you and use it and use the spare linen to fill in the sides.
But obviously this only works if your little one is less than 6 months. hope it helps though

littlebitofpixiedust

Although it was some years ago now  ::)

We took a thick large blanket the really soft ones from Disney store and folded over put pillows underneath my son slept fine.

chere

We used folded hotel shower towels as matress and both our daughters slept very well (they were 2 and 1/2 yo).
We were in DLH and travel cots were standard size (120x60cm)

Weeali

Thanks so much for all your replies.
I'll bring some thick blankets and a sheet :)
Panic over!
So good to have this forum!