Dodgy Happenings by the Station?

Started by Ohana, May 14, 2016, 11:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Hey guys. I've just returned from my 6 day trip (cue floods of tears). We decided to use the shuttle bus service today to get back to the hotel to catch the magic shuttle, however we noticed a couple of people approach us to ask to give our park tickets so they could use them,obviously we refused but they carried on asking other people. Is this a normal thing to happen by the station? I found it frustrating because those tickets are pretty costly so to just expect a free one is so rude!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

caspdex

I have had that, can't say it bothered me at all.

fairymom

I would have been delighted if someone had approached me.  I had a spare 5 day ticket as I have an annual pass and on the last day I had 13 fast passes to get rid of. I ended up just going up to a random family and giving them away.  The ticket was wasted though.

norhel

I belive I have heard of something similar earlier. Not sure if it was at DLP, but still. It might have been over at WDW.
And I think there was some talk about it being illegal. But don't quote me on it.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

caspdex

If Disney were that bothered with it, they should really up their use of the hand stamp system for leaving and re entering the park. In many visits I have never been checked . Maybe they will add a biometric check in the future, like WDW.

Ohana

Maybe it's only me who it annoyed then haha. I was just like.. I paid a lot for this trip so why should you then get my pass for free, also I wanted to keep my tickets for my memory tin :)

I'm not a mean person by the way, I don't want this to give off the wrong impression of me I was pretty tired when I wrote this post lol.
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

msRavenswood

It's a common phenomenon. They ask for your tickets so they can resell them to people who haven't bought them yet.

polar vixen

If it were just an adult if think it cheeky but we've had it happen a few times by a woman with a small child which makes me feel pretty awful cos the kid is sitting there waiting for the chance to go in. I don't like that

daddyof2

I don't have an issue with people passing on stuff - we were "given" an inflatable dolphin on holiday last year by a family who were leaving and we passed it on when we left - but I don't like begging. In these cases, where I think someone will sell it on, it really irks me.

ChipandDale99

On my last trip in February we stayed in the Davy Crockett ranch. This meant leaving the park by the main entrance everyday. The people are there every day. They don't want the tickets to use for themselves, they want to sell them on in Paris. Disneyland Paris don't want them there but they are in the public bit of land outside the station. Armed police/army walk up and down around there which scares them off. One day as we left a man approached us. We said no thank you and he then followed us down to the car park until he saw the police and ran away.

littlebitofpixiedust

In all the years I've never experienced this, however I don't really think it's right to stand there or approach people asking for your tickets  ::) I think it's a different story if you maybe see somebody and decide to ask around if it'd be any use to people (that maybe waiting at gate)

A lovely man at chessington (UK park) some years ago see me and my son in the line to purchase our tickets approached me and gave me he's unwanted ticket, thought that was really kind!

I've given my fastpasses when we have stayed in the Disneyland hotel before when we haven't used them and I'd be more than happy to make use of my park ticket also, but like you say with that they could be selling for money? Also I don't think DLP would appreciate Us participating in this kind of thing.

bad-pink-tink

I would totally advise AGAINST giving your tickets to anyone who approaches you, even if they have children. Whats being described here shows all the signs of the organised crime gangs of Romany Gipsies. They use children to play on your emotions.

You think you are doing a good thing by giving your ticket to a family so the child can experience Disney BUT you are not. That child will NOT get to experience the park like your child, going on the rides etc.  The adults will either sell the ticket on or use the ticket to enter the park to steal from park guests. They use children to cover up the pick pocketing and theft.

These activities are totally illegal and French Police are aware and on to it, but it is very hard to actually catch them in the act.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

stifle

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on May 15, 2016, 10:27:00 AM
I would totally advise AGAINST giving your tickets to anyone who approaches you, even if they have children. Whats being described here shows all the signs of the organised crime gangs of Romany Gipsies. They use children to play on your emotions.

You think you are doing a good thing by giving your ticket to a family so the child can experience Disney BUT you are not. That child will NOT get to experience the park like your child, going on the rides etc.  The adults will either sell the ticket on or use the ticket to enter the park to steal from park guests. They use children to cover up the pick pocketing and theft.

These activities are totally illegal and French Police are aware and on to it, but it is very hard to actually catch them in the act.
Exactly. Do not give away used park tickets!

Zee79

Totally agree with not giving your tickets away. like Ohana said we save hard for these tickets so I don't want to sound mean but why should some get it for free? Would my children get this I don't think so, we don't have lots of money so save hard for these trips why should someone get the ticket to make a profit from it? If they truely want to visit then they need to do what everyone else does & save even if it takes a year or two to do so.
Yes it's nice when someone does a nice deed & gives you something but not when there is a profit to be made. I've been given things like parking tickets, items on holiday & I've done the same in return.

Ohana

Yeah the way they do it is totally dodge. I don't mind someone approaching me to give me a used stub, and I'd do the same in some situations but these people are just depressing.
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel