Scaffolding

Started by Ohana, April 19, 2016, 09:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

Scaffolding has been placed outside La Taniere Du Dragon.

What I've feared has begun, scaffolding at the castle. The ride closures didn't bother me but I'll be pretty damn devastated if the castle gets ruined with scaffolding :(
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Puffin

but still better than a crumbling castle in 10 years.  ;)
may 2012 hotel new york ● november 2013 sequoia lodge ● may 2014 tokyo disneysea ● december 2014 sequoia lodge ● may 2016 fort wilderness resort (WDW) ● september 2016 sequoia lodge ● november 2016 newport bay ● march 2017 sequoia lodge ● april 2017 tokyo disneysea  ● may 2017 newport bay ● september 2017 hotel cheyenne  ● november 2017 santa fé  ● december 2017 tokyo disneyland  ● january 2018 tokyo disneysea ● april 2018 hotel cheyenne ● july 2018 newport bay ● august 2019 hotel cheyenne

Rocketeer

And scaffolding is better than a 25th Birthday Cake Castle.  :P

https://youtu.be/nmhlxK_fsJg

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Ohana

Good lord imagine the amount of work that would've gone into that monstrosity hahaha. Hopefully lessons have been learned since then! Gave me a good chuckle though :D
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

nathalie

I don't see the "problem".  Some of you seem to think that most things at Disney change overnight when no one is looking, and are all restoured by the time the park opens again in the morning, haha  :P ;)

daddyof2

Weren't there works on the castle a few years ago, and painted hoardings used to lessen the visual impact? It's far from ideal if the only time you go to DLP that the Castle is undergoing major works, but the only other solution would be to close the Parks for weeks at a time. I think they do a pretty amazing job keeping so much open all year round - somewhere like Alton Towers closes completely in the winter

Ohana

I totally agree with everything you're all saying but it doesn't make it any less rubbish that the castle won't look as good. Maybe they should include castle works with the ride closures on the announcements so people know when it won't look as pretty and book around it. I dunno. Aslong as the scaffolding doesn't move further north I can cope haha
(•–•)

May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

billy

iknow that works and repairs have to be done to the park in order to keep it safe and well presented but i understand what some people are saying about the castle as for me this is the absolute icon for disney once ive seen the castle i know im there and the magic is back, but i do agree it should be mentioned along with the ride closures, although i have to say it does seem that there are a lot of ride closures at the moment i would have thought they would have spread them out a bit! just saying

Keandra

When we we're at Disney at the beginning of april, all we saw was scaffolding.
You go to the entrance of the Disneyland park, big scaffold around the flowerperks because they are redoing the pavement.
Then you get in, working and scaffolding at the railroad.
In every zone of the park are works going on. Frontierland was completely closed, no BTM, Fhantom Manor was closed, only thing open was a restaurant and a few shops. Then you had the show too.
Adventureland was the same, pirates up and indiana jones to. Nothing funny to go on with little kids.
I can go on.

I know, as everyone on this forum, that they have to do those works because of neglect and next year anniversary.
But the prices have only gone up, instead with all these works they would do better to lower the price. Cause now a lot of visitors feel left down, cause they know that next year the prices will go up again and they can't be sure that it will be better then.

I am a Disney fan, but it isn't nice to see the park as it is now. We're hoping for better tidings next year.

rebecca20

I think Castle scaffolding would be the final straw for me to not book my Xmas trip! It's ridiculous how bad Disney are at building works!

As an fyi all my family would in construction and / or decorating so I know pretty well how quick things can be done and my gosh dlrp are slow! Most works can be done overnight with flood lighting and things taken down and cleared for the next day - why disney don't do this is beyond me (obviously certain paints needs certain daytime temperatures to dry but the rate Disney paint that castle it certainly aint hardwearing expensive stuff!).

I don't understand why Paris meddle with their castle so frequently in comparison to every other resort.

Ps. I loved that cake castle, it was tacky, pink and everything I needed aged 4.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

ChipandDale99

I don't think it is just Disney building that is slow. Because of working and labour laws in France it is a lot slower than uk (or anywhere else) it's unfortunate but I find it doesn't bother me.

rebecca20

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on April 20, 2016, 07:45:10 PM
I don't think it is just Disney building that is slow. Because of working and labour laws in France it is a lot slower than uk (or anywhere else) it's unfortunate but I find it doesn't bother me.

I never even thought of that actually. It frustrates me but as I say coming from a construction background doesn't help. We even sometimes discuss what type of paint they use - small world refurb was such a quandary over the glitter stuff the debate still isn't settled ;D
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

gingerdoo4

Does anyone know how long the scaffolding will be up for?

Mtlchuck

I doubt the castle will go up in scaffolding now. It would force Disney Dreams to be cancelled during works, and I dont think they would do that during the upcoming season. If they put scaffolding up it will most likely be in the fall.