Halloween 2016!! Whos going :)

Started by CaptainKennySparrow, April 12, 2016, 01:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainKennySparrow

Hi folks :) Who here is attending the Soiree this year?? Last year I had quite a bad experience which resulted in me complaining to Disney, in return Disney gave us a complimentary stay at the resort which we LOVED!! Our faith is now restored in Disney so we will be hitting the Soiree this year again :)

Take what you can....give nothing back.

Karen101

oh no!!! sorry you had a bad time!! im glad it didn't put you off haha

we are doing summer this year :) love Halloween, but have taken the plunge and doing Halloween in Florida next year instead :)

CaptainKennySparrow

Awesome!! We are looking at halloween next year in Florida too :)

twentythingamabobs

We missed it last year as we'd just got back from Florida and I missed it soooo much. We are definitely doing it this year I can't wait! So excited  ;D

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on April 13, 2016, 10:20:38 AM
We missed it last year as we'd just got back from Florida and I missed it soooo much. We are definitely doing it this year I can't wait! So excited  ;D

superb!! are you dressing up :)

Cheshire_Cat01

It's about 99% sure that we will attend tthe soiree again this year. But we are not sure what to wear.
Last year we wore disney costumes and it was really chaotic and stressful because of the "no pictures rule".
We'll see...

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Cheshire_Cat01 on April 13, 2016, 01:15:23 PM
It's about 99% sure that we will attend tthe soiree again this year. But we are not sure what to wear.
Last year we wore disney costumes and it was really chaotic and stressful because of the "no pictures rule".
We'll see...

Hi there :)

Did you get people coming upto you for pictures?? I was jack sparrow and had to tell a few folk NO then for the rest of the night no one bothered me hahaha

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on April 13, 2016, 11:52:02 AM

We are indeed, it's tradition :) we've all been spooky pirates, last year mam was queen of hearts (Tim Burton's version), little bro was a harlequin (so cute) I was little red riding hood and my fiance was the wolf (including stick on fur on the face  ;D ) this year Mam is Sally and little bro is Jack, and i think I'm going to be Harly Quinn and fiance going to be the Joker. Just need to agree on versions!

Are you being Captain Jack again  :D

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: twentythingamabobs on April 13, 2016, 03:18:17 PM
Quote from: CaptainKennySparrow on April 13, 2016, 11:52:02 AM

We are indeed, it's tradition :) we've all been spooky pirates, last year mam was queen of hearts (Tim Burton's version), little bro was a harlequin (so cute) I was little red riding hood and my fiance was the wolf (including stick on fur on the face  ;D ) this year Mam is Sally and little bro is Jack, and i think I'm going to be Harly Quinn and fiance going to be the Joker. Just need to agree on versions!

Are you being Captain Jack again  :D

WOW those costumes sound fantastic! would love a pic with you guys!

Oh hell yeah Im going as Jack again :D going on the POTC ride dressed up was a child hood dream come true. I think because I was walking with my wife and kids folk knew I wasnt a worker but I had a few folk wanting pics with me instead of the Jack there and I had to tell them NO hahaha

twentythingamabobs

You definitely have the look of Captain Jack so I don't blame you for making the most of it! It is quite a shame that you're not allowed to take pics with other guests. Could you not take pics even if you explain you aren't the "real deal"?

Cheshire_Cat01

Yes, a lot of people asked for picrures. I guess because we were dressed as a group (aurora and two of her fairies).
Some people were really pissed of when we told them that we weren't allowed to take pictures with them.
We still want disney related costumes this year but perhaps with a personal touch. But we haven't decided yet. Unfortunately i didn' t see you in your jack costume last year. Maybe i have more luck this year.

CaptainKennySparrow

Quote from: Cheshire_Cat01 on April 13, 2016, 04:31:29 PM
Yes, a lot of people asked for picrures. I guess because we were dressed as a group (aurora and two of her fairies).
Some people were really pissed of when we told them that we weren't allowed to take pictures with them.
We still want disney related costumes this year but perhaps with a personal touch. But we haven't decided yet. Unfortunately i didn' t see you in your jack costume last year. Maybe i have more luck this year.

funny you saying that, when i went to get a pic with my wife some castmember was like "no pictures with guests" i said "excuse me its my bloody wife you tit!!" and he walked away lol

Cheshire_Cat01

We just booked our halloween trip  ;D Can't wait!

Samanthad

I really want to!! We went last year and never dressed up and instantly regretted it, as we didn't realise how people really do go all out!!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

Samanthad

also... what date is the soiree on this year? I know might be a bit of a stupid question considering Halloween is 31st, but that is a monday this year, do they do it on a weekend or is it always on Halloween itself?
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022