Hotel New York

Started by Henriette, August 16, 2016, 09:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henriette

First time at Hotel New York, so I have a question about the best room in your opinion. I know that different People have different opinions. But where in the hotel do you think is the best to stay and why? Standard room.We are going in October for a week.😊😊

stormflm595

I've not stayed at the Hotel New York but it was a close choice between that and the Newport Bay. Newport Bay won out in the end due to it being newly refurbished. I booked a more expensive lake view room at the NPB as I loved the thought of waking up to a beautiful view and going to bed with one too. If I HD stayed at HNY I would have made the same choice and stayed in one of the Plaza Rooms (their lake view rooms).

Though I am thinking about upgrading further to the Compass Club with a lake view so I think overall it would be the Empire State Club Plaza  :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Henriette

Thank you for your answer😊  I was also vundering about if it would be better near an elevator or away from one, high up or on Ground floor, near a restaurant or what. 😊😊

stormflm595

I always prefer higher floor rooms for a view and I don't like to have a room close to a restaurant due to you might have a horrible view of the back of the restaurant (happened to us before at Alton Towers and our view was air vents, rubbish bags and people taking a cigarette break!!).

As for an elevator I think it's your preference at the end of the day, as some people don't mind a longer walk back but others prefer to get to bed as soon as possible. HNY is one of the smaller hotels so I don't see the walk being an issue, whereas staying somewhere like the NPB or SL can be tiring after a long day.

As far as I'm aware you can ring up and ask for a preference of where your room is, though of course it isn't guaranteed. I've asked for a room with just one double bed for example but it all depends on what they actually have available on the day of your arrival.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

Henriette

Thank you so much for the answer. That helped alot. They asked over the phone where i would like the room to be and i did'nt know what to say, eccept as high as possible. I know it is not a sure thing. Afterwards i thought that maybe it would have been better to say near an elevator or something else. But as you say, it is not that big a hotel, so distance is not an isue, i think😊😊