Little Extras to take

Started by Kawaii, April 07, 2016, 02:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kawaii

Hiya everyone,

We are taking my 5 year old daughter to DLP in May and I am putting together a box of things to give her when we tell her that we are going. We currently have an autograph book, Anna dress, and a frozen backpack in it. I wanted to put some things in it that she will identify as being special for the trip, but that if we buy them here will be cheaper than when we over there. Although she will have some spending money when we are there it will be limited.

Is there anything fun we can buy to put in it that will enhance the trip and so she can fully participate without us having to say no to buying too much when we are there?

Kawaii

Just realised I have totally put this in the wrong section....

billy

dont forget a pen to go with your autograph book!

Kawaii

Zee79

You could put a little message in from her favourite characters stating what she could buy when she is there etc rather than you worrying about saying no to her all the time. I did this with mine & even though they are both a lot older now I still tell them their limit & what can & can't have before we go because I hate saying no all the time.

Kawaii

That's a really good idea thanks. I don't mind what she buys as long as its within her budget so I will give her a budget she can spend up to. She's usually quite good at what she does and doesn't spend.

polar vixen

Book a phone call from Mickey to welCome her to disneyland for when she opens her box.  abd a disney laNyard abd done pOunds for trading of eBay.  loads of fun and far cheaper than buying them there!

Karen101

im not sure where you are located, we are in Ireland, and in shops such as Penny's and Primark etc they have lovely Disney t-shirts very reasonable, I got a couple for my daughter, we are going in July and they were only 5 euro each ....

also if she has a fave teddy or the likes that she is bringing with her, you could get an out fit for it from the build a bear factory :)

Kawaii

Ooh great ideas thanks. We are in England so will look at that and great ideas for the other things too.

Ohana

Get her a mini tsum tsum of one of her favourite characters and get them to sign it :) I think that'd be a nice little memory (easiest bet would be one of the Mickey Mouse clan though as they're easier to buy tsums of and find in the parks :) )
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

KateB

I'm making gifts to give to my boys when we get there. I'm going to put them in our room in sequoia lodge and surprise them.

So far I've put in peter pan costume for my 4 year old and jedi cape for my 9 year old (both off ebay),  disney pj's,  autograph book (ebay) and chunky pen (poundland),  lanyard and pins I got off ebay,  a big lolly each from b and m (same as the large ones they sell at dlp) light up spinner for the parade (ebay),  a small mickey teddy I got from Clinton's (they've got 25% off at the min),  a Disney story book each as they like a story at bedtime(the works),  star wars chocolate bars (from poundland), a marvel avengers glow stick that I got from primark for 20p each (bargain!), disney bubbles (50p each from the works), a letter from mickey, some disney stickers from poundland and a star wars pez dispenser. I'm going to get them a Disney lego pack each when they come out in May as well, as they are obsessed with lego. I also give them some money when we get there in their own wallets so they can buy a souvenir.

I've also bought disney colouring books,  felts, crayons,  puzzles, frozen top trump cards(39p from home bargains) magazines, etc for travelling. Hope that helps 😊😆
December 2009 kriad hotel. (Xmas day!)🎅🎄❄⛄
February 2010 Santa Fe hotel.🚘🚗
Baby break....💙💙
August 2013 Santa Fe hotel🌞
March 2015 sequoia lodge.
May 2016 sequoia lodge.

billy

my daughter is mad on Princess sofia so we took her PS costume with us so that she could wear it when she met her (amazon) along with her PS hat and gloves (primark) they also took their frozen and ps cameras with them.
This made both girls feel really special especially the youngest and PS made a big fuss of her when she came in wearing all her stuff and carrying the PS doll we bought in Disney!

Kawaii

Wow brilliant ideas thank you everyone! Am so excited now ☺ didn't know she would be able to meet Sofia that's so cool!!!

billy

Quote from: Kawaii on April 08, 2016, 01:53:31 PM
Wow brilliant ideas thank you everyone! Am so excited now ☺ didn't know she would be able to meet Sofia that's so cool!!!

Sofia and Jake the Pirate are in Disney Jnr Show in the Studios, they come out for about 15 mins before the show starts to sing and dance with the kids. Only problem is she doesnt stand still long enough for pic and she isnt allowed to sign autographs, but we did manage to get loads of videos!  ;)

Kawaii

Ooh my daughter will love that!