Attractions for ages 6-11

Started by Dinosaurs, March 22, 2016, 10:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinosaurs

Am I the only one who thinks that Disneyland Paris has a huge hole in the attractions for older children department? It seems that there is plenty for very young children and lots of big thrills for adults but there is really nothing in between. There is really not much for a child (or non-thrill seeking teenager/adult) to do if they are too old for Dumbo but too young for space mountain.
Anyone else feel the same way?
Anyone know if Disney is planning on adding any attractions for this age group in the future?

polar vixen

sorry but I disagree.  it ll depends I  what your kids like of  course but for kids of that age you've got autopia, Buzz light years laser blast,  thunder mountain .pirates.  Peter pan. cars in tge studio.  rratatouille.  parachute drop.  stitch live and the cars stunt show

billy

i went with my girls aged 5 + 11 and they went on everything there was loads for them to do. I'm  not a thrill seeker and i had loads to go on too! we never stopped!

15stitch

Sorry but I really disagree.   The whole concept behind all the Disney is that it has attractions for the whole family and I think Disneyland Paris does that brilliantly.  I've been as an adult many times (and I'm not into roller coasters at all)and with my son, and also have friends that go with children of all ages and I've never ever heard anyone before claim that there isn't enough to do.
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

rebecca20

I must say that I found myself with spare time having done all the rides and characters, hence an impromptu Paris trip.

But I don't think the problem is for the 6-11 age group. Just generally due to the number of closures that's occurring at the moment. Once BTM and RnR are back open they'll be much more to do.

6-11 is a huge bracket - 6 year olds wouldn't be able to do the coasters like 11 year olds can (dependant on height) but especially in the studios there's Tower of Terror, RC racer all of which are from around 7 years and above. I've seen 5 year olds on ToT so it's more down to personal opinion of suitably for your child than the fact there isn't much to do.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Dinosaurs

I guess my focus was mostly on roller coasters, also I may be a bit spoiled being originally from California. There aren't any true kid friendly coasters in the Paris park. Casey jr. is more of a train ride than a coaster and BTM is the next one on the tame scale. It's a pretty big gap in thrill level as far as coasters exclusively are concerned. It would be nice if they could put in Goofy's barnstormer like in Orlando or flounders flying fish coaster from the Tokyo park.   

littlebitofpixiedust

I think crush coaster is on par with BTM no loops, but fast. I personally think there is a good range of rides for children my son is almost 8 and we've been visiting since he was 1 year and I don't find he's bored in the slightest he loves it  :)

fairymom

I don't think there needs to be a level between Casey Jr and BTM or Crush. My kids went on BTM from age 4/5 and Crush from age 6. 
Last year we were there when they were 8 and 10 and they enjoyed ToT, Crush, BTM, Space Mountain, RnR coaster etc etc. My DD (8) was not tall enough for Space Mountain but she's the one that went on RC Racer on her own because the rest of us were too chicken!
Going back next month and they're looking to do Indiana Jones as we have never done that one.. Each time we go they are a little older and there's always something new to try.