Bussy-Saint-Georges

Started by leo93, April 01, 2016, 11:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo93

Has anyone stayed here and could recommend how to get to Disney from here.
Booked for one night at the B&B hotel before we check in to santa fe so will leave here early go to santa fe to leave our luggage and have a full day in the park. Will have 2 kids and luggage so needs to be easy lol! am i best off getting a taxi would anyone happen to know a rough price of this?
From what i gather there is a train but am i likely to struggle to get to train station with kids and luggage.

DLPWonders (Banned)

If you don't want to take the train, then yes you have to take a taxi.
You've already answered your own question. It'll probably be 30/40€ to Bussy St. Georges.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

leo93

From the hotel to disney?  :o
Still suppose it will be easier than lugging 2 kids, 2 cases and a buggy to the train station.

adrian.zerafa

Just came back from a week at Bussy Saint George. We stayed at the Premiere Classe Hotel. It is a Band B, basic hotel. For a Disney holiday and if on a budget I say it is good. The RER A that takes you to the parks is a 5 minute walk. There is a large supermarket close by and a lovely brasserie with great food just next to the train station. It was my thirds visit to Disney using this hotel. All went well. Takes 10 minutes by train cos there are only 2 stops.   

leo93

we are only staying there one night then checking into the santa fe for the next 4 nights.
It was £50 cheaper to fly the day before so decided to get those flights and then use the money saved to book the hotel. We aren't fussy about it being fancy long as it's clean and beds are ok.

You wouldn't happen to know what time the trains start on a morning towards disney would you? how much does the train cost?

I'm planning to take 2 cases and a buggy. My oldest child could pull a case and me the other and the buggy just worried if there are busy roads to get across may try a dummy run on the evening without cases so we know where we are going. Kids will be almost 7 and 4 and a half. Ideally want to grab a quick breakfast/snack and get to santa fe as early as possible to leave bags and get tickets and head straight to park.

stifle

First train is 05:53 and the fare is €2.50 single. Children aged 10 and under are half price.

leo93

ah thats brilliant thankyou so much.

after looking on google maps there are paths and zebra crossings so i think we'll be okay walking up there from the hotel so seems like the train will be a fine option and cheap enough!