Magic cards being introduced??

Started by ChipandDale99, March 28, 2016, 10:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChipandDale99

I saw on the dibb page a topic confirming magic cards (not final name) it was in French so I put it through a translator.

"Disneyland Paris will launch next month its new MagicCard (name not final) starting with residents of Disney's Hotel New York and Disney's Newport Bay Club (planned launch second half of April). But what can we do with this famous Magic Card Basically, it will be your key to all the magic Disneyland Paris house will be the key for your Hotel Room, it will serve you to access your Breakfast , will bring together all of your coupons Meals, it will serve you access to EMH (but your entrance tickets to parks are still used) yet to use as a means of payment (bind to your credit card when you check- in, you can set yourself the Pin code, set all of your purchases in shops and restaurants at your check-out payments that will please you)"

msRavenswood

I read about it too. If it's true, it's going to be very convenient to have all your documents on one card.

norhel

By the description, it sounds very similar to the Magic Bands over at Disney World (where you can get a card if you don't want the band).
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

15stitch

I hope this is true! Much easier than having lots of tokens (if you are on dining plan),

I'm in Newport Bay in May so fingers crossed ....
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

Zee79

It sounds great, be a lot easier but when I read reviews (I must say on another site) complaining about door locks not working, having to go to reception about 8-10 times (no exaggeration!) to get them them to get it to work or the loss of keys I wonder &worry how it's going to work.

rebecca20

I also worry it might be a bit annoying. Plus I often give my meal plans to others and hotel fastpasses which wouldn't be able to happen.

If one fastpass ride had a faulty system it could result in chaos.

Yes it works well in Florida but lets face it Floridas budget is much greater not to mention the fact they have Wifi in parks (so you could show proof of booking etc if the worst happened) and the CMs are way more helpful in my opinion.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

ChipandDale99

Yes I agree it's almost definite that there will be problems with it. But hopefully it will be slowly introduced so that there isn't too much too quickly.

Thaliel

IF this is done, it should also be possible to pre-register for character meetings like princess pavillon. Or the jedi training academy, which you currently cannot do unless you want to skip breakfast and get in queeue during emh. Such dates go so fast someone as slow as myself and family hardly get a chance, and it would be very conenient if you could check for available timeslots beforehand instead if scouring all locatins, just to be told that all timeslots are aleady full
<-Plz click

rebecca20

Quote from: Thaliel on April 02, 2016, 01:54:18 PM
IF this is done, it should also be possible to pre-register for character meetings like princess pavillon. Or the jedi training academy, which you currently cannot do unless you want to skip breakfast and get in queeue during emh. Such dates go so fast someone as slow as myself and family hardly get a chance, and it would be very conenient if you could check for available timeslots beforehand instead if scouring all locatins, just to be told that all timeslots are aleady full

I would personally hate this. I don't like my holidays to be too restricted and am finding WDW really frustrating having to be in one place at a certain time to use the fastpasses. I like the fact it's first come first served - it stops Disney hotels having major perks over other hotels and allows more freedom.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Ohana

I like it as it is, I like my documents, they're nice memoirs of the trip :)
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

rebecca20

Quote from: Ohana on April 23, 2016, 09:39:53 PM
I like it as it is, I like my documents, they're nice memoirs of the trip :)

Is it bad that I like it is because I don't trust the technology to work!

Hoping people do trip reports and reviews.

nathalie

They better get the wifi up and running then.
I thought I read a while ago though, they were going to put this up at the parks anytime soon?

rebecca20

Quote from: nathalie on April 23, 2016, 09:53:19 PM
They better get the wifi up and running then.
I thought I read a while ago though, they were going to put this up at the parks anytime soon?

I swear I read Summer 2016 but theres no mention...

Please DLP I want to FaceTime and make everyone jealous ;D

ChipandDale99

Does anyone know if this was introduced?

grovesie

Quote from: rebecca20 on April 23, 2016, 09:27:00 PM
Quote from: Thaliel on April 02, 2016, 01:54:18 PM

I would personally hate this. I don't like my holidays to be too restricted and am finding WDW really frustrating having to be in one place at a certain time to use the fastpasses. I like the fact it's first come first served - it stops Disney hotels having major perks over other hotels and allows more freedom.

We found it the same in Florida, The  magic bands have some positives but having the times planned out takes away some of the spur of the moment. We were continuously checking the time and rushing to the next ride/show