Planning a trip for September - Requesting advice

Started by Le0, July 31, 2017, 01:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le0

Hello all, I'm new on these boards, my name is Leo and I'm from Switzerland. We are going to Disneyland Paris starting on the 7th of September until the 9th and I would like to ask you guys some advice. The last time I went to DLP was in the 90s so I guess a lot has changed since then.

We are arriving at 12am at Paris Gare de Lyon, then I guess our best bet is to take the RER line A to Marne la Vallée. I booked a room at the Sequoia Hotel and it says the room is ready starting from 3pm I guess we will get to Disneyland a little bit earlier than that, is it still possible to check-in the room so we can go to the park directly or do we have to wait 3pm? Obviously we'd like to get to the park as soon as possible when we arrive.

I was thinking about starting by going to Walt Disney Studios and doing all the big attractions and maybe the Moteur Action show if we arrive in time. Then for diner we were thinking about either the Steakhouse in the village or Silver Spur Steakhouse, anyone recommend one or the other? They both seem nice.

Friday we are going to do the Disneyland park and I'm planning to book lunch at Agrabah's and diner at Captain's Jack. This is the first week of school in France if I'm not mistaken so I hope the park will not be too busy so we can do most of the attractions.

On Saturday I don't think we'll plan anything, just see what we missed or want to do again. Our train leaves Paris Gare de Lyon at 18pm, do you think leaving by 16pm is enough time to get back to Gare de Lyon from Marne la Vallée?

Also, I booked a Montana room which doesn't include breakfast but we have the full board plus plan, it says "quick service breakfast in Disney Parks", can we have the breakfast at the hotel with this or do we have to go to actually go to the park? We'd rather have breakfast at the hotel but in case we can't, any recommendation for breakfast?

Sorry for the text but I have quite a few questions ;)

stormflm595

Hi Le0, welcome to the forum!

I assume that you mean that you'll arrive into Paris Gare de Lyon at 12pm midday rather than 12am midnight?

Checking into your room is all dependant on how close you are until 3pm and whether your room has been sorted for you before then. I have never been able to check in before 3pm but I guess others have. However, you can drop your baggage off at the baggage store close to check in (the check in desk can guide you to where this is) which means you can then go off to enjoy the parks. They will keep them safe and secure for you and there will also be someone there to keep an eye on everything so you don't have to worry. Once it's past 3pm, you can then return to baggage store at anytime and collect so you can properly check into your hotel room.

I haven't done either but I would personally go for the Silver Spur Steakhouse as the choices of cuts are more varied. This is situated in Frontierland in the Disneyland Park so I would go into the Disneyland Park rather than the Studios for your first part day. As much as I like the studios and the rides there, I would have also suggested to go into the Disneyland Park first as the Studios are not even close to the level of detail and beauty as in the main park so you may come away from your first day feeling rather underwhelmed.

I think do Disneyland Park on the Thursday pm and Friday and then concentrate on the Studios on Saturday morning and then use a couple of hours in the afternoon to do any repeats or anything you missed.

Tip for the Studios is to make sure you head to Crushes Coaster and Ratatouille first thing - they get extremely busy with waiting times up to 90 minutes on Crush and 2 hours for Ratatouille. You can get a fastpass for Ratatouille which would be extremely handy but again if you were to do this, I would run to the fastpass machine and get these first as these run out very quickly.

I can't help you with your meal plan and breakfast question unfortunately as I have never done the meal plan and I always have breakfast at the hotel.

Hope this helps though!  :)
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

CitrusZing

Quote from: Le0 on July 31, 2017, 01:00:36 PM
Also, I booked a Montana room which doesn't include breakfast but we have the full board plus plan, it says "quick service breakfast in Disney Parks", can we have the breakfast at the hotel with this or do we have to go to actually go to the park? We'd rather have breakfast at the hotel but in case we can't, any recommendation for breakfast?

Hello and welcome Leo.  :D

So "quick service breakfast in Disney Parks" means that it will be breakfast in the Disneyland Park during Extra Magic Hours 8-10am (before the park opens to non Disney hotel guests) and it will most likely be in Café Hyperion in Discoveryland.

The savoury breakfast:
Omelette burger,
A croissant or pain au chocolat,
Orange Juice,
plus a hot drink of coffee/coffee with milk/tea or hot chocolate.

The sweet breakfast:
A croissant or pain au chocolat,
'Little bread' (basically a crusty bread roll) with butter and strawberry jam/apricot jam or marmalade,
Orange Juice,
plus a hot drink of coffee/coffee with milk/tea or hot chocolate.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Le0

Thanks for your help guys! I just phoned to make the reservations. I took your advice and we will go first in the Disney park and on Saturday we will go to the Studios.

I have another question, is the Moteurs... Action! show worth seeing? And how does it work, do I have to get a ticket or something? I understand there is one show in the morning and one in the afternoon?

polar vixen

All sgows are thr same. Just queue up as you would for anything else and if youve not seen it before definitely worth seeing!

polar vixen

Id also recommend a charcter breakfast which if you book in advance you get at a discounted rate Nd can still use your voucher as part payment towards.

stormflm595

Quote from: Le0 on August 07, 2017, 03:22:10 PM
Thanks for your help guys! I just phoned to make the reservations. I took your advice and we will go first in the Disney park and on Saturday we will go to the Studios.

I have another question, is the Moteurs... Action! show worth seeing? And how does it work, do I have to get a ticket or something? I understand there is one show in the morning and one in the afternoon?

You just go and queue up about 15 minutes before the start of the show, you'll see where you need to go as you just follow the swarm of people heading over and there will be cast members to tell you where to queue.

As for whether it's worth it? I've seen it once, it was okay but I wouldn't do it again (unless my partner wants to this trip). Instead of this, I would go and see Mickey and the Magician which is highly rated and everyone seems to have really enjoyed.
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

DC

Quote from: polar vixen on August 07, 2017, 03:26:56 PM
Id also recommend a charcter breakfast which if you book in advance you get at a discounted rate Nd can still use your voucher as part payment towards.
How much is the discount? I'm thinking about making a surprise to my GF and book a character breakfast but I'm on the fence if the price is worth the experience. We don't have kids so I don't know if it's going to be awkward.

Sorry to hijack your thread Le0.

polar vixen

Not awkward at all. Characters work their way around the tables. Wwe paid 8 pounds each to upgrade in advance and we were staying in a standard toom at the sequoia. If we'd done it when we got there it would have been over 20 more each.

DC

Quote from: polar vixen on August 08, 2017, 03:32:24 PM
Not awkward at all. Characters work their way around the tables. Wwe paid 8 pounds each to upgrade in advance and we were staying in a standard toom at the sequoia. If we'd done it when we got there it would have been over 20 more each.
That is a nice discount! Which restaurant do you recommend booking for the character breakfast?

polar vixen

DC

I just called the reservation line and they told me that breakfast with characters had to be booked only 4 days in advance and that there wasn't any discount. How did you managed that discount?

polar vixen

Is your bookong with disney direct? We booked woth disneylandparis.co.uk. at booking you can add a character breakfast or anytime up to your visit. We phoned up, i explained that i already had a meal plan and wanted to book character breakfast, they booked it. That was it. This was about 60 days before we travelled.

claire2281

Quote from: DC on August 11, 2017, 10:34:24 PM
I just called the reservation line and they told me that breakfast with characters had to be booked only 4 days in advance and that there wasn't any discount. How did you managed that discount?

polar vixen is right. You need to add it to your overall booking, not call the restaurant reservation line. This is because the character breakfast is available to those staying in the hotels first. Those not in hotels can then book it later if there's any space left.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

DC

Thank you for the help. I did my booking through disneylandparis.co.uk and when calling the reservation line, mentioned that I had a meal plan and was staying in a Disney hotel. Is it possible to change my booking to add the character breakfast through the website? If there is, I can't seem to find the option and wanted to avoid calling their booking line due to being an international call + the fee per minute.