Davy Crockett ranch information

Started by ChipandDale99, January 08, 2016, 08:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChipandDale99

I've just come back from my 5 day trip staying in the DCR. There is no sofa bed. Double bed in one room and you can have 4 single beds in the other. the cabin itself is very cosy and can be well heated. We didn't eat at the cabin as we like to do the restaurants at Disney, so I can't tell you how good the facilities are.
When we arrived we asked if the had any premium plus cabins. They did and we upgraded for €96. This meant we got wired Internet, coffee machine, cleaning kit, two large bottles of vittel and a much closer cabin to reception.
The swimming pool was in my opinion the best in dlp. We like to go back to the hotel in the middle of the day usually for a break and swim but this was difficult as it meant leaving the site so it took a lot longer than an onsite hotel. However this meant the swimming pool was very quiet. (Just us) at around 2pm.
Breakfast was ok. Like already said you collect a "basket" this is collected from the entrance of the trail (section of cabins) these huts opened at 7:30 which is when we wanted to leave for magic hours. So we collected our baskets in the car and ate them on our way to the park.
The basket consists of croissants (one for each person) small stick of bread per person, a choice of apple or orange juice can per person and a selection of hot chocolate/coffee sachets and spreads (jams, Nutella and butter)
Finally we ate in crocketts tavern one night. And I agree with sulleys arms it is a great buffet and we really enjoyed it.
If anyone has any more questions just ask I might be able to help

extremusPT

Well that´s some expensive info right there!  ;D

Did you have much of a difference upgrading to the premium cabin? I´m going to the trapper cabin. Does it make much of a difference about the place of the cabin? because cable internet and coffee machine we dont care about that and 97€ will give you a nice dinner at blue lagoon  ;D
We are planning to buy bread and yogurts etc at the val d´europe mall so we can have our early breakfast

polar vixen

in my opinion it's not worth the upgrade.  you may be a bit closer to reception but if the weather it's fine it's a lovely walk and if not it's easy enough to jump in the car. 

ChipandDale99

I agree with polar. If you're not bothered about the Internet and stuff then it's not really worth it for nearly €100. it's very easy to walk or drive as there is quite a large carpal at the reception end.

nadinebriggs

Thank you ChipandDale99 for letting me know about the sofa bed. I think dragging mattress through to lounge might be best thing to do. Can you let me know something if possible please. My son and his friend are 12 and 13 and want to know if they would be allowed to go swimming without an adult with them. Would you know on this at all. Also, I keep seeing comments from lots of people that they have already pre booked their meals. How do you do this please?
My husband has booked this trip as a surprise for us all but he may have forgotten s few things.. like where we eat!!!
Thanks for your help and glad you had a good time

polar vixen

could do with knowing first if you have a meal plan. .....the number is under the dining reservations section,  have a look there you should find everything you need. 

Caz

Hi Nadine,
You're lucky, the boys will be able to go swimming alone - they have to 12 or older to swim without an adult. I know from experience, when our two were most put out that they couldn't swim because we hadn't bought our swimwear with us, especially as they were both very competent swimmers aged 10 and 11 at the time. Last year they made up for it and went about 4 times in 3 days!

Disneyland Hotel - SEPT 17
Davy Crockett  - JUL 15
Davy Crockett  - JUN 12
Hotel Cheyenne - FEB 11
Magic Circus - SEPT 10
Newport Bay Club - NOV 2009
Sequioa Lodge - JAN 2009
Davy Crocketts  -  AUG 2008

nadinebriggs