music album for 25 years Disneyland Paris?

Started by Magicpartytime, March 12, 2016, 04:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is your dream also 2017 anniversary music box of 25 years Disneyland Paris?

Yes
19 (86.4%)
No
3 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: March 17, 2016, 04:35:19 PM

Magicpartytime

voting
music album for 25 years Disneyland Paris?

DLPWonders (Banned)

I would love so, but we wont get one. Thats for sure
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Rocketeer

It'd be great if they did one. It'd be even better if they did something along the lines of the 5-disc set that Tokyo got for its 25th (and 6-disc for Disneyland's 50th).

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

andrewuk

I have the CD for the 15th and still listen to it regularly. Although quite a lot of great music wasn't on it. Would love a new one with the original space mountain music, Chant C'est Noel, From Time to Time, Tous en Train and all the Swing into Spring songs
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Rocketeer

^Agreed, that was a great album - 52 tracks is not too bad in comparison to some of the more recent US park albums.

Perhaps they could do a reissue of  those tracks already on «15 ans De Magie» but this time with an additional disc for the 25th?

And what of WDS? It's turning 15.. although I don't think it could really get an album on its own, but maybe it could be included in a separate disc in a combined celebration album. They could include:

The Cinema Parade
Stars'n'Cars Parade
Suites from:
Moteurs..Action! (as this is already on the WDW releases)
Crush's Coaster
Ratatouille L'adventure
CinéMagique
Animagique

Plus any unique songs used in the Grand Opening ceremonies, and probably pad it out with 'Hooray for Hollywood' and 'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror'.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

DisneyRon

Recently acquired the 60th anniversary Disneyland Anaheim album, something similar for DLPs 25th would be cool. :)

Rocketeer

^Is that the Disney Legacy Collection? I was surprised to learn that it wasn't supposed to be for the 60th anniversary, but rather just released regardless.

Which is a pity on one hand, but good in another, as without it I don't think there would have been a release for the Diamond Celebration.

Which makes you wonder if they will even bother for the DLRP 25th.

DisneyRon

Quote from: Rocketeer on March 19, 2016, 07:36:01 PM
^Is that the Disney Legacy Collection? I was surprised to learn that it wasn't supposed to be for the 60th anniversary, but rather just released regardless.

Which is a pity on one hand, but good in another, as without it I don't think there would have been a release for the Diamond Celebration.

Which makes you wonder if they will even bother for the DLRP 25th.

It is indeed the Legacy Collection, but they've included a brief history of the park, the dedication speech by Walt for the park is on the disc. It fits perfectly for the Diamond anniversary.
So if that was a stand-alone release (there are indeed no diamond logos on it anywhere), it is a well timed one.

Rocketeer

^Or a lucky coincidence for the Merchandise department.

Oh I'm soooo cynical. ;)