Looking at booking again

Started by michellemumof2xx, March 07, 2016, 12:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michellemumof2xx

So, we have been twice before and are looking at going again. Saw a deal on tv about free half board until october this year, and i am tempted! Whats it like at halloween? Looking at 30/10-3/11...would love the big pink hotel, but tempted but sequoia lodge golden forest room?? What would you do? What does golden forest include? I remember something about a fast pass and afternoon drinks? Thanks
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Rolo

Check out the dutch Disney site. Up to 30% discount and free half board.
Book before the 27th april (arrivals between 24 march and 31 october)
I'm also tempted to book for Halloween season... :-[

Mushu_Stitch

I definitely would recommend going around Halloween time. My first ever visit to DLP was early October so it was off peak but all the Halloween stuff was out. It looked fantastic and there's a load of meet and greets with villains as well as shows. I personally love the villains as much as the heroes and Disney knows how to make a good villain so seeing them take the spotlight for a while is awesome.

The other benefit of October is that the weather is normally quite good. Not too wet and quite mild so less risk of getting burnt or dehydrated which is easy at DLP with all the distractions  :D

michellemumof2xx

Thanks for your help. I am thinking weather will be good as we have only ever been in feb and it was very cold! Will look in to that offer :) love the sound of seeing villains!!  thanks
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

Samanthad

Halloween is amazing but if you are going on 31st October they run their Halloween party (soirée) in which case you will need to buy Halloween party tickets in advance if you want to stay in the park after 5pm, when the park closes for regular customers and only those with Halloween party tickets can stay in the park for special Halloween celebrations until 1pm. It's highly recommended but will cost you about £40 per ticket from memory but don't quote me on that one as we got ours quite heavily discounted with our dream annual passes.
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

ZINDERELLA

Personally I love going at Halloween, the theming is fab and having so many villains wandering around would make up for any ride closures or refurbs.

Sequoia Lodge is my fave hotel, so my vote would go there - it has always felt spacious to me whereas The Big Pink is a bit too faffy and Victorian for my tastes! Also, my kids love love love the SL pool which makes a nice (if chilly!) break in the middle of the day.
2007 Halloween- Santa Fe
2009 May 1/2 Term- Newport Bay
2010 Halloween - Sequoia Lodge
2010 Xmas - Newport Bay (the one we won!)
2012 May 1/2 Term - Sequoia Lodge
2013 July - Magic Circus
2017 Magic Circus

Sulley's Arms

We love the Halloween season as well, although the half term week at that time is SUPER BUSY!

Of the millions of times we've ever been to DLP, nothing even comes close to that week.  It seems that the whole of continental Europe is on school hols, hence v. busy...!

Doing the Halloween season outside of that week is very quiet though, so worth considering.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

dencarter

Having done lots of trips to Disney in Anaheim, Orlando and Paris, across all the parks my favourite time to visit is always the Halloween season. Paris doesn't 'do' Halloween on the same crazy level as the American properties, but it's still wonderful. The decorations are fab, the cavalcade (mini parade) is sweet, and the atmosphere is great! If you go in early October you miss the half term crowds, and it's usually still mild enough to enjoy some decent weather before the winter weather arrives.