Things to do for a 21st birthday?

Started by GottaJoeFast, March 06, 2016, 07:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GottaJoeFast

Hi,
I am off to Disneyland Paris on the 28th of March - 1st April with my girlfriend for her 21st birthday. I was just wondering if anybody could suggest anything that I could take her to or a decent place to eat?
As a 21 year old man I am generally rubbish at planning so any advice would be much appreciated!  ;D

Thanks in advance
Trips to DLP:
May '03 Newport Bay Club
Feb '13 Cheyenne
March '16 Newport Bay Club

DisneyGagaChick

I went to Disneyland Paris to celebrate my 21st birthday last month!

We went to the Cafe Mickey for my birthday meal- that was great. Definitely order a cake!
Make sure she wears a badge during her time there, she might get some freebies!

bad-pink-tink

if you go to the bar of your hotel get her a Glowtini cocktail. Its a Disney speciality cocktail, all the bars in the various hotels serve them, they are expensive though, anything up to €18 (Disneyland Hotel)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on March 06, 2016, 08:07:01 PM
if you go to the bar of your hotel get her a Glowtini cocktail. Its a Disney speciality cocktail, all the bars in the various hotels serve them, they are expensive though, anything up to €18 (Disneyland Hotel)

I had one of these during my stay.. it was lovely!

rebecca20

Regarding the Glowtini - the more expensive the hotel the more pricey the cocktail. Hence why I generally go to the Sports Bar instead of the DLH even when I'm staying there! It's at least an 8 euro difference in price :o
Fine for a one off but when you consider I normally have 3 drinks per night it's over 100 difference during a week. On a side note the shop in the station sells cheaper alcohol so maybe get some Champagne or something.

Other ideas would be to put banners up in the hotel room or ask the hotel to put up balloons, treat her to a personalised glass or ornament (they can be engraved really cheap and quick in Liberty Arcade), or buy her jewellery.

If you want a sit down meal I would recommend Cafe Mickey for character dining or Walts generally good food.

Inventions is nice but as it's a buffet its not very romantic as you are up and down a lot.

♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

GottaJoeFast

Thanks all, will bear it all in mind!
Is it worth paying for a birthday cake in one of the restaurants? I'm thinking about making one and taking it with us but if the cakes are decent I can just get one there.
Trips to DLP:
May '03 Newport Bay Club
Feb '13 Cheyenne
March '16 Newport Bay Club

rebecca20

When I was there in June 2015 they only did ice cream cakes which are far too big for two people to eat (and are just vanilla). I think this has changed but the cakes still don't look spectacular (go on trip advisor for photos). Depending where you are staying the supermarket does some lush cakes that are Disney themed.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

stifle

Quote from: GottaJoeFast on March 06, 2016, 10:18:23 PM
Thanks all, will bear it all in mind!
Is it worth paying for a birthday cake in one of the restaurants? I'm thinking about making one and taking it with us but if the cakes are decent I can just get one there.

The birthday cakes serve 4-8 people and in most restaurants they are ice cream based so you can't take the remainder away.

littlebitofpixiedust

There's lots you can do, buffalo bills Wild West show (not romantic) by unique and fun.
Walts restaurant in Disneyland park is lovely also very themed and I your able to get a window seat at parade time (usually around 5pm) watching it from there is quite nice.

Cafe mickey/inventions/auberege are all character dining and all good, but each with different prices and offering different dining experiences.

Inventions is buffet in Disneyland hotel (my personal favourite-Sunday brunch is good)
Cafe mickey is table service
Auberege is the princess meal (never personally done this purely because the food isn't for my taste by the YouTube videos I've watched)

It really depends on your girlfriend and what she would most like to do there are many choices for a nice sit-down meal, the Blue lagoon inside pirates of the Caribbean looks gorgeous! I've never done it though but to me a romantic setting indeed.
The silver spur steakhouse in frontierland was awesome (visited feb 16) the food was excellent, the atmosphere and setting was good too.

Hope whatever you decide you both have an awesome time! Can't really help with the cake but I've visited many times and if you order one in a restaurant it's likely they'll sing happy birthday  :)

Do get her a badge to wear, I've seen characters sing and interact well with people who are over Disneyland Paris celebrating their birthday. It's also worth emailing your hotel to see if you may get an upgrade or anything else they could offer you? Worth a shot! Have a magical time

CitrusZing

If you have a decent amount of spending money, I would say dine at either the California Grill in the Disneyland Hotel or Blue Lagoon in Pirates of the Caribbean.

California Grill is more high end with excellent food whilst Blue Lagoon has a great atmosphere and is fun with very good food.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 09, 2016, 10:39:59 AM
The silver spur steakhouse in frontierland was awesome (visited feb 16) the food was excellent, the atmosphere and setting was good too.

We visited the Silver Spur Steakhouse on the 16th, too!!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Buy her 21 small presents (just little things like a keyring, an autograph book, a pen etc).
And let her open them on the most random moments so that she doesnt expect it.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: DisneyGagaChick on March 09, 2016, 04:13:06 PM
Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 09, 2016, 10:39:59 AM

We visited the Silver Spur Steakhouse on the 16th, too!!

I loved the setting! The food was good too definitely going back

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 09, 2016, 06:31:04 PM
I loved the setting! The food was good too definitely going back

Omg I know! The steak was to die for!  ;D

Mitchell

Hope she has a lovely one! I'm there that week too!
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017