Who's been early November?

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, February 21, 2016, 07:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hey fellow DLP fans!

I only returned Wednesday night, and already were wanting to visit again at a quieter time out of school holidays!
I've been Christmas season usually week before the kids break up but am wondering if early November will be a bit quieter? Not sure when the Christmas celebrations start?

Zee79

Christmas usually starts around 7th November. We went around 17th November & enjoyed it. Not as cold as December but still gets you in the Christmas mood.

caspdex

They usually have fireworks by the lake around about fifth November.

Ohana

I also went on the 17th November last year. Not sure how busy it was in comparisson to other times of year as this was my first visit, however, queue times weren't particularly bad, the longest wait we had was 30 minutes for Crush, the rest were basically walk ons, or 5 minute waits at the most. The park got very busy during Dreams, but again it wasn't like you couldn't move. I really enjoyed visiting at that time, and it wasn't particularly cold (although it did pour down for several of the days).
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

littlebitofpixiedust

Thankyou for the helpful comments! were looking at 4-9th November just got to hope Eurostar has a wheelchair seat available as there's only 2 per day so fingers crossed! I've never been for bonfire night so that'll be interesting and a plus is I can Christmas shop there :)

never2old

We were there last year around that time (it was the week between Halloween and Christmas). It was very good, queues were very manageable, for example we managed to do Ratatouille with something like 20 minutes queue!

It was a bit sad personally to miss both Halloween and Christmas, yet get a glimpse of both with the decorations coming down and up...

Still, had a great time, weather was pretty good (cold but dry at least) and as I said crowds very reasonable :)

15stitch

I went years ago.  They had literally just put up the Christmas decorations.   Queues were OK (from memory) but it was really cold (I think we had a freak weather week though!).

My best friend went during the cross over between bonfire night and Christmas a few years back and said it was great. 
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

littlebitofpixiedust

Wow 20 mins for ratatouille is fantastic!
Thanks for your experiences we've today booked our Eurostar yay! 4-9th November this will be our longest trip of 5 nights!
We've done all seasons except summer now as think my so couldn't cope with the crowds, so won't mind missing Halloween done that most years, early December a good few, spring couple times but never bonfire night so this will be a first.

I miss DLP sooooo much right now! Like most of us here I guess I'm not alone!

Zee79

I'm certainly missing it! My daughter is going in a month with the school, I'm so jealous, I'm not there until July but I'm on count down

littlebitofpixiedust

Aw how lovely! I was devastated when I was at school as ours wouldn't take us because the year above us were so naughty they're decided not to take my year! Hardly fair. I'd be jealous too if I were you! Though July isn't far of now bet your  planning your time there already  :)

What I can't believe is how long it takes for the trip to arrive and by the time you get there, it's time to leave! But as they say time flies when your having fun

never2old

5 nights sounds wonderful, you'll get plenty of time to enjoy everything!!

We went a few weeks ago but only for 1 night (couldnt really take any more time off) and it felt incredibly short! Longest we've done was 4 nights (but only because our daughter got really sick and we spent a couple of days in the hotel with her... when she was feeling better we decided to extend 1 night so that she could have an extra day to enjoy the magic)

Have a great time  :)

littlebitofpixiedust

One night must've flown by! It's horrid when they're unwell when your away I d had that with my son a few times, at least you got to have an extra day when she was better!  :)

never2old

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on February 23, 2016, 06:48:03 PM
One night must've flown by! It's horrid when they're unwell when your away I d had that with my son a few times, at least you got to have an extra day when she was better!  :)

When we were kids my parents took us to DLP a few times, but always just for the day (it's a 3 hours drive, so we would leave early morning and come back late night). Then finally they booked a 2 night stay, in the Sequoia. We were going to be there for 3 days!!! We got there, had a great first day (I remember doing BTM multiple times, there was no queue whatsoever). Then my little brother got ill... We still stayed in the hotel one night, but first thing the next morning we drove back home. Needless so say, I never forgave him   ::) (and this must have been almost 20 years ago  ;D ;D)

littlebitofpixiedust

What a shame! First 3day stay ruined by your brother by being sick... How selfish lol  ;)
But these things happen it's just the last thing anyone would want on a visit to DLP

Zee79

I got glandular fever whilst in DLP, it was horrendous all I wanted to do was fly home but I didn't want to spoil the families holiday(there was 13 of us) so battled through on Ibuprofen & throat lozenges & any food or liquid that wouldn't hurt my throat.