spare tickets and AP question

Started by fairymom, February 05, 2016, 11:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fairymom

Hello
A quick question, I have booked DLH for our upcoming trip, just for one adult, will add the others at check in. We all have AP's. So, I will have a set of spare tickets for the duration of our stay. Are these valid/transferable for anyone else or are they essentially useless because I have the AP?

Thanks

Sulley's Arms

Hi

Firstly, have you already informed the hotel that you'll be bringing extra guests with you?  If not you could end up with a room with just a single bed, but if they know in advance they'll allocate you a room for 4, etc.

The park tickets you'll receive at check-in will probably be valid for a month or so from your arrival date, for the number of different days of your trip (i.e. valid for any 5 days within the next month).  Anyone can use them, so you could ebay them, try to sell them outside in the morning for a discount, or give them to a friend back home if you know anyone going shortly after you!
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

ChipandDale99

Quote from: Sulley's Arms on February 05, 2016, 03:10:48 PM
Hi

Firstly, have you already informed the hotel that you'll be bringing extra guests with you?  If not you could end up with a room with just a single bed, but if they know in advance they'll allocate you a room for 4, etc.

I didn't know they did single rooms. I don't think fairymom has to do this. I have heard of this method before. If you tell them in advance they wil try and charge more. But by bringing more on the day it cost very little.

I may be wrong and if I am. Sorry

stifle

They don't have single rooms but they do have double rooms.

The validity of the tickets we got when we stayed last December for 3 nights was any 4 days valid for a week from our check in date.

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: ChipandDale99 on February 05, 2016, 07:42:03 PM
Hi

I didn't know they did single rooms. I don't think fairymom has to do this. I have heard of this method before. If you tell them in advance they wil try and charge more. But by bringing more on the day it cost very little.

I may be wrong and if I am. Sorry

If you call in advance to inform them there are now extra guests staying in your party that don't need park tickets, they will accommodate you by just charging the nightly tax per adult (a few Euros).  We've done this a few times before, but only at Davy Crockett Ranch (where all rooms are for 6, so they don't need the advance notice, you can just announce it at check-in). We've "saved" over 600 Euros by doing it this way ;0)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

nathalie

Anyone can use them, so you could ebay them, try to sell them outside in the morning for a discount

Do NOT do this.  If an employee catches you, you won't be granted in the parks yourself!

stifle

Well, don't try to sell them near the parks anyway. Online is less risky, though of course you won't have the ticket in hand until you check-in.

nathalie

Yeah, I'm just noticing now, I didn't take every out of that quote that needed to be out, meant indeed for selling outside of park gates.

rocker

Was in the same situation last year. I just scanned my extras on the way in and used them for  extra fast passes.

fairymom

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes I am going to email and let them know a couple of weeks before we go that there will be extra guests staying with me. I'm a bit nervous about it all but as someone above said the difference in price is immense doing it this way and I couldn't afford the DLH otherwise. I'll also put in the email about all our birthdays and wedding anniversaries etc so hopefully there'll be no problems at check in!

I wouldn't really feel comfortable selling the tickets. I will probably either give them away or else use them for extra fast passes. I hadn't thought of that!

Thanks again!