Fire at sequoia lodge

Started by Disney Magic, February 06, 2016, 11:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney Magic

Apparently ages ago there was a fire at sequoia lodge is this true ????? If so what caused it ???? Was anything ruined and how many rooms were wrecked ???? Sorry if this is an odd question but I'm obsessed with Disneys history and I didn't know about this

Zee79

Just googled it, 8th September  1996. 1500 people evacuated.

Disney Magic

glenn

We went there after the fire and were given free meal vouchers for the whole five night stay.
Unfortunately I didn't,t read the vouchers properly so ate every night at the hunters grill.
The fire affected the bar,beaver creek tavern,and quite a few rooms so Disney gave the complimentary food vouchers
for the inconvenience.
To me there was not much inconvenience apart from having to have a few beers in the village or other hotel bars.

Jonjo

Quote from: Disney Magic on February 06, 2016, 11:00:40 PM
Apparently ages ago there was a fire at sequoia lodge is this true ????? If so what caused it ???? Was anything ruined and how many rooms were wrecked ???? Sorry if this is an odd question but I'm obsessed with Disneys history and I didn't know about this

It was a fire in the kitchen, which had to close for a while to enable it to be re-built.  The majority of the rooms were fine but quite a few suffered with smoke and water damage.  The hotels guests were moved to other hotels around the resort and given vouchers to enable them buy clothes.

During the repair work white sheets were put over the scaffolding around the hotel and during the Bomb Fire Night Fireworks Show they projected a laser light show onto the screens.
The Disneyland Paris Shareholders Blog.
www.salonmickey.co.uk