Lost children in the park

Started by Littlemay, February 01, 2016, 01:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlemay

Does anyone have any advice on how to prevent/ deal with lost children in the parks? Where would you tell your children to go if you get separated? Does anybody recommend "tagging" children (as in a luggage tag with parents contact details) I'd welcome any hints and tips. Thank you.

seraphelle

Hiya,

The first year we went, I bought little paper wristbands and wrote my phone number and hotel name on them and put them on my girls. Now they're a bit older, they know that if they get lost, they're to find a CM if they can't see the castle from where they are, and get directions to the castle, then to go and wait there.

It's not happened yet, thankfully, but I like to have plans for 'just in case' moments.

Hope this helps x
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

never2old

I guess it depends how old the children are; but I would suggest to tell them to find any CM and tell them they're lost, they will take them to the Baby Care Centre, there's an area there for lost children where they can wait and be looked after.

rebecca20

Just an idea but there are badges on etsy that can be personalised with your phone number and the childs favourite character :)
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

twentythingamabobs

I've seen a number of crying Mams running around frantically asking if anyone has seen their little blond/brunette/girl/boy. It must be absolutely horrific :( Last time I was there, there was a little French boy standing weeping his heart out, I think his Mam must have told him the same thing mine did when I was little - do NOT move from the spot where you last saw me and I will find you - as he was just standing stock still and screaming. I went to get a CM to look after him but in the meantime a French family had come over to him and were bringing him over to the CM. I assume all CMs would just do the same thing and take the little ones to the Baby Care unit near Plaza Gardens.

My little brother doesnt have any awareness of any kind of danger - when we went to get his accessibiity pass, the CM gave us a wrist band to write his name, our name and phone number. We didnt use it as he would go with absolutely anyone who knows his name, he'd think they were a friend.

Littlemay

Thanks for all the replies, I hadn't realised that there was a designated place where CM's take lost children so that's really helpful to know. My boys are 6 and 3 and really good so I'm hopeful there won't be anything to worry about, it's just with big crowds and an unfamiliar place it's best to be prepared, I like the idea of the kids having our phone number just in case so maybe a tag in their inside pockets. 

twentythingamabobs

Good to be prepared! There is nothing worse than that split second when they've let go of your hand to scratch their nose and you're not entirely sure they are still beside you!

justlikeidreamedit

I always write my mobile no on their arm in biro. My 2 know to find someone with A Disney name badge on and show them the no.

haribosmum

another tip I've been told for any day trips is to take a photo of the kids on your mobile when you go out so you have exactly what they're wearing.  It's easier for describing over walkie talkies etc when they get everyone to look out.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20