Anyone going in July ? (Or been in)

Started by Karen101, January 27, 2016, 08:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen101

Just looking for any tips ... We are staying in the newport compass club, and traveling with my mother hubby and my 7yo daughter will be my mams first ever trip so wanna make the most of it :)

Zee79

We are going in July, will be the first time in this month but been in August, December & May. I take it its not your first time to DLP just your mothers? With it being summer I would recommend taking advantage of EMH & fast pass system because it will be busy. Plan your days as best you can, ask your Mam what she wants to do, see etc then take it from there, pre book restaurants, think it will be from mid  may you can do this or do it upon check in. Read the thread 'what I wish I had known' or get your Mam to read it as it is dedicated to first timers.

Karen101

I've been before with my hubby and daughter yes :)

My mam is huge disney fan so we decided it was time to treat her :)

I will print some stuff fir her maybe to read on the flight ... We aren't telling her or my daughter we are going until the morning we are going hehe

Zee79

What a lovely surprise for them. Printing some info off is a good idea then take it from there. Even after all these years we still plan our time in the parks & where we will be eating on a night.

andrewuk

Weather will probably be very good can be hot though. You cannot beat walking down an almost empty Main St first thing in the morning with blue sky behind the castle. Dreams will be on at 11pm so its a long day, maybe take a break back at the hotel in the afternoon when the crowds are there and the sun is hottest. Then in the evening many of the queues for attractions will have gone down to 5 or 10 minutes.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Karen101

That is one of the reasons we booked the newport bay for the nice outdoor pool we figured we might use it in the afternoon for an hour or so :)

Disney Magic

We have stopped at Newport bay twice and we are going for a third time in July. The first time we went in July we had great weather, but the second time we went in August and it rained. The best time to go to Disney is in July  ;D ;D