Hotel upgrade

Started by pablo442, January 22, 2016, 09:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablo442

Hi all

Staying in sequoia lodge in April in standard room. Does anyone know the chances of an upgrade when we are there? What it is likely to cost and is it worthwhile? If so is it just a case of asking when you check in or should I call before hand?

rebecca20

You can upgrade depending on availability. Depends how desperate you are and if it's just a room upgrade or hotel. But I would ring or email and ask beforehand.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

bad-pink-tink

I have a trip booked for end of February. I had originally booked a standard room in Hotel New York and I had paid in full. Disney rang me this week and offered me an upgrade to a standard room in Disneyland Hotel and I took it. My original package was booked with a 35% off offer on the French website. The upgrade is  around the same amount of money as the 35% discount was. This basically means that I have a 2 night / 3 day package at Disneyland Hotel for the same price as a 2 night / 3 day package at Hotel New York!!

I would never ask for an upgrade or what people call "pixie dust " ie any special extras.

I guess I was selected as I am a solo traveller and I didn't book any extras with Disney, ie no meal plan, no character meals, no transport etc. Its Disneys way of getting more money out me, offer me something I WOULD be interested in.

Also I am going in an off season and with all the refurbs and closures as well as the attacks in Paris before Christmas, Disneyland Hotel occupancy may be down. They may be just trying to balance out hotel room occupancy by offering people upgrades.

I guess Im saying, dont expect an upgrade. Disney just rang me.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Thaliel

Just tried to ugrade pur march trip from santa fe to GFC, but the only hotel that still has vacancy on our date is DLH, which isn't anywhere near our budget*sigh*. Disney never pffers us any upgrades on their own, so I guess we have to stick with what we initially booked
<-Plz click

moopmoop93

When are you travelling in March? Xx
Sequoia Lodge - Sierra Lodge Aug 2006
Sequoia Lodge - Montanna Room (upgraded to GFC rooms for free) Feb 2014
Sequoia Lodge -Lodges Feb 2015

cjebs

When we went in Feb 15 we received an upgrade from GF at Sequoia Lodge to the DLH for all 4 nights of our stay (2 separate rooms) due to a convention on the last day of our trip meant we couldnt have breakfast in the SL on the Friday. We only found out when we sat down to check in so was quite a surprise and as this was halfterm this was an upgrade of probably £2000 as we had 2 rooms in our booking so it can happen.

Komble

Quote from: cjebs on January 30, 2016, 11:50:45 AM
When we went in Feb 15 we received an upgrade from GF at Sequoia Lodge to the DLH for all 4 nights of our stay (2 separate rooms) due to a convention on the last day of our trip meant we couldnt have breakfast in the SL on the Friday. We only found out when we sat down to check in so was quite a surprise and as this was halfterm this was an upgrade of probably £2000 as we had 2 rooms in our booking so it can happen.
What an incredible upgrade!