Closed attractions (Worth the effort?)

Started by Christiaanrem, January 20, 2016, 08:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

I've just seen this from today which is different to the closed attractions on the website:
https://twitter.com/ED92live/status/689743062642208772
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

never2old

Quote from: haribosmum on January 20, 2016, 03:15:53 PM
I've just seen this from today which is different to the closed attractions on the website:
https://twitter.com/ED92live/status/689743062642208772

A few of those are temporarily closed, they could open later in the day. And 5 minutes for Buzz?? My family could spend a whole day in there!!  ;)

haribosmum

we probably wouldn't come off Buzz either :-) hopefully the photo was just taken at a 'bad' time.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

fiyero

I think Crush swapped for Cars in the closures as my friend is upset we are missing Crush (I'd have been more upset to miss cars as much as I like Crush as there is never much queue for Cars!)
I still think it is a good time to go, it will be my 4th January in a row and the queues are usually short to non-existant!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Okay a couple of things...

1. Please don't ever take Looopings seriously. As a Dutch person myself I know how beyond ridiculous that website is.

2. There are definitely some rides closed for major refurb, this was announced 2 years ago. The list is not entirely wrong. However for example the Railroad is just 1 ride but the list also mentiones all the stations, which is already 5 things that are in fact just one ride. It also mentiones the sbort refurbs that were only closed for one or two days but are already back open.

Next to the current refurbs, DLP is working extremely hard to compensate that by putting out extra characters and new shows etc. So it's not like there's nothing to do.

And lastly: January is ALWAYS a slow time to visit.
Every year there are lots of rides closed.
Simply because it's the most quiet time of the year.

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Christiaanrem

Quote from: bad-pink-tink on January 20, 2016, 03:11:58 PM
I agree with stifle

Its been widely publicised that DLP is having MAJOR refurbs in 2016. January and February are off seasons anyway. Thats when alot of rides close EVERY year for maintenance. Then add in the big refurb program and of course there will be alot more closures than usual.

Booking in advance means you will only get the information available AT THAT TIME. Disney are adding closures and refurbs continually, so of course what you were told back in October will have changed by January.

You need to be checking the daily times page on the official website, not just the general refub list.

yes, i know they have refurbs, i accepted that when i booked the trip, however, comming there and seeing more rides closed than what disney informed me and the travel agency with is a whole different ballgame.

ofcourse i know rides have problems and break-downs from time to time, but adding a number of additional rides to the refurb schedule un-announced to people who booked is not so cool.

lets take this for an example: I payed for cancelation insurance at my travel agency, disney did not inform me or them with the additional ride closures nor did they put it on the refurb website.
i could use my cancelation insurance to get the money back and re-book the trip, however, doing so now would be VERY dissapointing for my daughter who will still think we will be going next week.
Costed me a week of my built-up vacation hours from my employer.
+ comming there, seeing more rides closed than what they informed me with and ASSURED me are there will be no additional closed down rides during my stay, other than the ones they informed me and my travel agency with during the time when i booked back in october,

stifle

It's unclear whether anyone "ASSURED" you that there would be no additional rides closed, or if they did, that you would be able to prove it to the standard required for insurance, or if you could, that the person who "ASSURED" you had the authority to do so. It's worth remembering that cancellation insurance normally covers the situation where you can't travel because of injury, death of a close relative, jury service, and so on. It doesn't normally cover when you choose not to travel because things won't be as exciting as you thought they might.

I would suggest you go anyway and enjoy yourselves. Almost the entirety of Parc Walt Disney Studios is open and the same is true of Discoveryland and Fantasyland. Plus there are 8-10 character meets that weren't advertised when you booked, I'm guessing.

Karen101

Well I think who ever told you that either your agent or the rep from Disney who told them that is in the wrong cause no one can give assurances that nothing else will be closed for refurb or repair

Sadly your travel agent should also have mentioned to you that you are going at the most off peak time of year and this time of year is likely to have the most closures and refurb sober any other time of the year and that is certainly something they would have known.