Closed attractions (Worth the effort?)

Started by Christiaanrem, January 20, 2016, 08:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christiaanrem

Good morning folks!

Upcomming sunday to monday night i will be leaving towards DLP (Yay Finaly!) with my girlfriend and 4 year old daughter.
However! i read on the website Looopings.nl (a dutch themepark website just like DLP Today is) and there are people who reported that last week a STAGGERING number of attractions were closed down for refurbishments, 17 attractions! instead of the 8 or 9 attractions mentioned on the refurb page of DLP.

Now i've contacted my travel agency and they rang up disney themselfs and disney stated that the attractions mentioned on the phone at the time i booked the trip would be 9 attractions (Which my girlfriend and i found acceptable) as it were no major spoilsport attractions (Treehouse robinson, pirate islands etcetc)

However the people on looopins.nl gave me different information (no less than 17 attractions closed for refurbs)

Anyone currently in DLP who might know more about this?

Thanks a bunch!

never2old

Do you have the list of the 17 attractions that are supposed to be closed?

Main ones as far as I know are BTM, the Riverboats, Peter Pan, Adventure Isle and the railroad in Disneyland Park, and Crush and Studio Tram Tour in the Studios.

Christiaanrem

Quote from: never2old on January 20, 2016, 09:48:14 AM
Do you have the list of the 17 attractions that are supposed to be closed?

Main ones as far as I know are BTM, the Riverboats, Peter Pan, Adventure Isle and the railroad in Disneyland Park, and Crush and Studio Tram Tour in the Studios.

that's the whole point, i downloaded the disney app (queue times etc) and it stated that Crush's coaster was closed for refurbs but the website did not specify this.

http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/4858/Red-mijn-vakantie-zeventien-attracties-in-Disneyland-Paris-gesloten.html

This is the website i found on Looopings.nl
Unfortunatly they have no language change option so it's all in dutch.

En alsof dat nog niet genoeg is, teisteren technische problemen veel andere attracties. Vandaag waren It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Cars Quatre Roues Rallye, Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror en Ratatouille: The Adventure tegelijkertijd buiten gebruik. Daarnaast gingen Phantom Manor en Crush's Coaster tijdelijk dicht.

What it says in english (Apart from the actual listed refurb closures) above also has numerous additional attractions closed, some were closed for some hours, some half a day and some attractions were closed, un-announced, for a couple of days.

Mileto

17? This is not true.

Enjoy your visit! There is plenty of attractions to ride and all that Disney has to offer! Don't sloil it even before you go.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Zee79

Dlpmagic give you monthly closures and the refurb programme so you can roughly see what is going to be closed in the future. Some of the other closures may have been unexpected & unfortunately it can't be helped but is annoying to us when we payso much & look so forward to these rides. When we went last time BTM was closed the 4 days we were there but this was not on the closure list it just needed some repairs doing to it.  Go to DLP & enjoy yourself, its the luck of the draw sometimes but try not to let it spoil your trip if there are more closures than expected.

Christiaanrem

Quote from: Zee79 on January 20, 2016, 10:14:25 AM
Dlpmagic give you monthly closures and the refurb programme so you can roughly see what is going to be closed in the future. Some of the other closures may have been unexpected & unfortunately it can't be helped but is annoying to us when we payso much & look so forward to these rides. When we went last time BTM was closed the 4 days we were there but this was not on the closure list it just needed some repairs doing to it.  Go to DLP & enjoy yourself, its the luck of the draw sometimes but try not to let it spoil your trip if there are more closures than expected.

for myself it's not a big problem, i find it sad for my daughter who wont be able to ride all the things she likes.

haribosmum

It probably looks worse as it details the railroad stations as closures, so 5 of this list is because the train isn't running.  then the beach/playpark etc.
So really for your trip (if I've got dates right this Sun/Mon) it will be Peter Pan, Big Thunder Mountain, Crush and Tram tours that will be an issue.  A lot of the others are closed this time of year anyway.  There is plenty of meet and greets on, make the most of those and I am sure you and your family will still have a lovely time!

From the Disneyland website http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/calendars/park-hours/2016-01-24/
Closed on Sunday/Monday
Disneyland® Park 

Peter Pan's Flight
Disneyland Railroad
Pirate Galleon
Disneyland Railroad Fantasyland Station
Pirates' Beach
Adventure Isle
Disneyland Railroad Frontierland Depot
Disneyland Railroad Discoveryland Station
Disneyland Railroad Main Street Station
La Cabane des Robinson
Big Thunder Mountain
Pocahontas Indian Village
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing

 Walt Disney Studios® Park 
Crush's Coaster®
Studio Tram Tour®: Behind the Magic

Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

haribosmum

If anything else is closed, I'm assuming it's technical issues etc that can happen at any time :-( 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

stifle

I think there may be some confusion in how the closed attractions are counted. For example some would count the Disneyland Railroad as one attraction and others count it as five – the railroad itself and each of the four stations.

Mileto

Quote from: stifle on January 20, 2016, 11:44:50 AM
For example some would count the Disneyland Railroad as one attraction and others count it as five – the railroad itself and each of the four stations.

This is possible. I always count it as one.  ;D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Christiaanrem

Quote from: haribosmum on January 20, 2016, 11:43:02 AM
It probably looks worse as it details the railroad stations as closures, so 5 of this list is because the train isn't running.  then the beach/playpark etc.
So really for your trip (if I've got dates right this Sun/Mon) it will be Peter Pan, Big Thunder Mountain, Crush and Tram tours that will be an issue.  A lot of the others are closed this time of year anyway.  There is plenty of meet and greets on, make the most of those and I am sure you and your family will still have a lovely time!

From the Disneyland website http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/calendars/park-hours/2016-01-24/
Closed on Sunday/Monday
Disneyland® Park 

Peter Pan's Flight
Disneyland Railroad
Pirate Galleon
Disneyland Railroad Fantasyland Station
Pirates' Beach
Adventure Isle
Disneyland Railroad Frontierland Depot
Disneyland Railroad Discoveryland Station
Disneyland Railroad Main Street Station
La Cabane des Robinson
Big Thunder Mountain
Pocahontas Indian Village
Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing

 Walt Disney Studios® Park 
Crush's Coaster®
Studio Tram Tour®: Behind the Magic

i find this weird tho, it does not say on the refurb schedule that Crush's Coaster is closed during my stay :/

Cancel that, says its closed weird stuff tho, another website from DLP does not list it as closed:

http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

haribosmum

There are 2 different types of closure on the Disneyland website.  One which details the big refurbishments that are happening and then I clicked onto the daily schedule and this is where it said Crush.  I would say this is a 'normal' closure rather than the big programme. Is a bit disappointing though.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Christiaanrem

Quote from: haribosmum on January 20, 2016, 12:56:00 PM
There are 2 different types of closure on the Disneyland website.  One which details the big refurbishments that are happening and then I clicked onto the daily schedule and this is where it said Crush.  I would say this is a 'normal' closure rather than the big programme. Is a bit disappointing though.

weird thing is, when i booked in october last year the travel agency called disneyland on the spot to confirm the booking, during that phonecall the support person from DLP did not said that crush coaster would be closed during our stay, now, 5 nights before we go, crush coaster is closed all of a sudden.

my god i am holding my breath what more will be closed un-announced during our stay.
cuz if thats the case i will surely be moaning about a slice of cash-back or something else which might make things (somewhat) good)

stifle

I think it isn't reasonable to look for a rebate. The bargain basement prices charged in January and February, which you've benefited from, reflect the fact that a higher number of rides are closed than usual. Plus it can hardly be said to be Disney's fault that some attractions need refurbishment — most are 23 years old — and sometimes mechanical failures happen that affect guests. I got trapped on RC Racer last month for example, but I wasn't complaining or looking for compensation; it wasn't anyone's fault and I didn't let it ruin my day.

bad-pink-tink

I agree with stifle

Its been widely publicised that DLP is having MAJOR refurbs in 2016. January and February are off seasons anyway. Thats when alot of rides close EVERY year for maintenance. Then add in the big refurb program and of course there will be alot more closures than usual.

Booking in advance means you will only get the information available AT THAT TIME. Disney are adding closures and refurbs continually, so of course what you were told back in October will have changed by January.

You need to be checking the daily times page on the official website, not just the general refub list.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016