Special surprise trip for my mother and daughter

Started by Karen101, January 09, 2016, 11:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen101

Hi guys

I've been to DLP with my daughter and husband before, she will be 6 on our next trip and have been there alone with my hubby before,

This time around we are taking my mother who is 58.  Neither my mother nor my daughter will know we are going till the morning we leave.

My mother is a disney nut but has never been to DLP or any disney park before, therefore we want to make this trip all about her and my daughter and their time together ...

Any tips ?

Also any ideas how to do the big reveal?  Currently my mother thinks we are heading to the south of England for a holiday lol

Thanks

Karen

bad-pink-tink

I went with my mum for Christmas 2013. She had never been to DLP either. My mum is not good on her feet and does things at a different pace to me. She loves to take photos while I dont as much. I found that having a mix of time together and time apart worked well for us. We would breakfast together, go to EMH together then split up. Meet up for lunch, then split up, meet up for evening meal , spend the evening together and watch Dreams together.

I bought The Brit Guide to DLP  as my mum is old school and likes travel books. I went through the book and marked must do's and things to avoid ie my mum loved Buzz but is not a roller coaster person.

On our first evening, I brought mum on basically a tour, showing her the layout of the parks, where our hotel was in relation to Disney Village etc. It was a good idea to orientate her , so that she could get her bearings. Sometimes we take for granted the layout , Disney language /names of places and don't realise that people who have never been to the park don't know the basics. Its very different reading about the park layout in a guide book to actually walking through the park.

For meals, I made sure that the restaurant menus were food that my mum would eat and I scheduled meal times according to my mums usual meal times.

I also tried to book a tour of the park but when I asked at Town Hall the English speaking tour was not on during our visit.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Christiaanrem

i would ''accidently'' drive onto the boat or into the tunnel and act like you are lost or something  ;D  ofcourse untill they see the signs of DLP that is where the fun begins  ;D