Disneyland Paris with a Toddler

Started by SKT1975, January 04, 2016, 05:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKT1975

I am so excited to be coming to Disneyland Paris in April this year (21st-25th April) with my three year old son.  We are coming from Australia and this will be my sons first experience of Disney.  We are staying in the Hotel New York.  My boy (as I'm sure is the case for most three year olds) is a very active, energetic young man and I will be with him on my own.  I have accepted he will not stand for hours in queues so there will probably end up being a lot of things we will have to miss but I also know he will still find the experience magical.  I plan to take full advantage of extra magic hours and will book a couple of character dinners to make sure we will see at least a few characters.  I'm just wondering if there are any other recommendations for enjoying DLP with a toddler. 

littlebitofpixiedust

I've been taking my son since he was one and it's been enjoyable each time don't miss the shows in the studios park, they are brilliant for young children.

If he likes lightning McQueen like my son do the stunt show too asking as he can sit for some time it's quite a long who but the others are shorter in the park.

twentythingamabobs

I have a brother who has severe global learning difficulties and autism so it is a bit like visiting with a toddler (even though he is a strapping 15 year old!)

He loves the shows in the Studios (not so much Cinemagique and Art of Animation as he doesnt really grasp what's going on) but Animagique and Stitch Live are brilliant. Stitch made me his "girlfriend" at our last visit which my brother got a huge kick out of. Your little one will be able to sit on the carpet at the front so might get some interaction with Stitch himself it is a really fun show. Toystory Playland in the Studios is great for the little ones as well even just to wander about in if you dont want to wait in the queue for the rides. I'd recommend a meet and greet with some of the characters while you're over there too if the queues aren't too big. You can normally find Woody and Buzz at the photopoint near Toystory Playland and Spiderman has his meet and greet near the Motor Show - he is brilliant at putting kids at ease.

Inventions is our favourite for character dining - the food is good and the CMs in there are really helpful if you notice a character hasn't been to your table and is leaving they will make sure they come to you :) Nice relaxed atmosphere. People are normally more than happy to take pictures for you as well if you want one with both you and the little one together :)

Alice's Labyrinth is great for exploring too, lots to look at and it's fun trying to find your way around!

Then of course you have the parades through the day (a great spot that isn't normally too crowded is near It's a Small World/Belle Note) and Dreams at night if he can stay up for it! Sometimes a nap through the day does wonders. Even for adults  ;D

EMH will help massively with rides suitable for your child - Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan will be a big hit i'm sure :)

You'll have a wonderful time - Disneyland is not all about rides so don't worry about missing out!!

GAVINSM

I would say make sure you get yourself a buggy, either the your own or hire one in the parks.  You can't use them in the queues but it helps when getting about the parks.

The Photopass is good to get photos when you are making use of the EMH and seeing the characters.

SKT1975

Thank you so much everyone. I'm so excited to experience Disney with my son. He loves Toy Story so that is a great tip