Front Lot fountain replaced

Started by Rocketeer, December 19, 2015, 08:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketeer

ED92 on Twitter has posted that the water in the WDS Front Lot fountain has been drained and replaced with a planter.
https://twitter.com/ED92live/status/678222284650373121

Can't say that is an improvement at all.  :(

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Zee79

I certainly prefer it as the fountain. Why change something that people like.

Rocketeer

Could it be a cost thing? Then again, to keep that stocked with flora isn't exactly a cheap option.

At the very least they could have put some poinsettias in there for Christmas.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Disney Matt

It looks awful  >:(
So much better as a fountain!
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

Martyn

Them buckets famously hold water, so this is a really strange move. Reminds me of the old DLP....

True-lifeadventures

Click the image below to visit our Vlog channel

WDW - Sept 2013. DLP - Dec 2013. DLP - Dec 2014. DLC - May 2015. DLP - Nov 2015. DLP - Jan 2016. WDW - Sept 2016

msRavenswood

Quote from: Rocketeer on December 19, 2015, 11:21:31 PM
Could it be a cost thing?

It's because some smarty pants would climb and get inside the fountain...

A&S&O

Or maybe its just for the winter? The water that splashed into the area around the "water feature" was treacherous when it froze.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: A&S&O on December 20, 2015, 10:07:10 AM
Or maybe its just for the winter? The water that splashed into the area around the "water feature" was treacherous when it froze.

They are not planting flowers just for the Winter.
This is because people climb on top of everything and that has to stop.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

mrpiggywinkles52

Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 20, 2015, 10:42:48 AM

Surely flowers are an even worse idea then? Because someone climbing into the fountain probably wont damage the fountain, someone climbing into the flower bed will 100% damage those flowers.

littlebitofpixiedust

I don't believe because of guests behaviour DLP have to remove things... I love the park like many of us do but it really makes me angry when I see certain guests being disrespectful on our visit this month we witnessed, one guest smoking when walking through the arcade. And many throwing litter it's such a shame!

DisneyGagaChick

Rocketeer

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on December 20, 2015, 11:17:09 PM
Quote from: DLRPWonders on December 20, 2015, 10:42:48 AM

Surely flowers are an even worse idea then? Because someone climbing into the fountain probably wont damage the fountain, someone climbing into the flower bed will 100% damage those flowers.
Unfortunately I can see that happening.
If that's the case, it probably won't be too long before the whole planter is replaced. Maybe with added astroturf like the Magic Kingdom hub.

ChipandDale99

I preferred the fountain. But maybe because it being in Paris and being quite cold for half the year it was expensive and difficult to maintain. We go often in February and the fountain was rarely on, maybe the pipes froze quite a lot meaning it was just waiting to cause bigger damage.