Plus board option...how does it work?

Started by Clairetay, February 10, 2016, 09:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clairetay

Last question of the night I promise...

How does the plus meal plan voucher work? do you get a voucher for monetary value that you can use In the restaurants and just pay the difference between the voucher and your meal? And if so does anyone know how much the plus vouchers give you in euros per person?

Or is there a set menu that your  meal voucher  entitles you to and you just choose your food of there?

Thanks in advance

stifle

Both!

If you choose to eat at the Plus-level restaurants, you get a set menu or buffet, plus one non-alcoholic drink. The Plus-level restaurants are Bistrot Chez Rémy, Walt's: An American Restaurant, Blue Lagoon, Silver Spur Steakhouse, The Steakhouse, Annette's, Parkside Diner, Manhattan Restaurant, Beaver Creek Tavern, Hunter's Grill, Cape Cod, and Yacht Club.

If you prefer to order à la carte or want to eat at a Premium restaurant, each voucher is worth €34 per guest or €16 for under-12s and you pay the difference. No change is given. You can in principle use the vouchers at counter service or Standard restaurants, but it'd be a bit of a waste...

Clairetay

Thank you.... I was thinking of calling Disney and upgrading to the premium half board as I've read that it includes all three character dining experiences and the buffalo show?

But I wanted to call dining line first to check I can secure a reservation at all of these first before I do so as I may have left it a bit late we, go on 18th Feb

stifle

Upgrading shouldn't be a problem; Disney will never have a problem taking your money. For 5 guests including 3 children you are talking €90 a night upgrade fee. If you're going to use the Premium tier restaurants (that is to say Inventions, California Grill, Auberge de Cendrillon, and Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show with Mickey & Friends), then it's worthwhile – paying on site you'll need to put about €23 for just one adult with your voucher to go to Inventions or €35 for Auberge de Cendrillon.

Note that the third character restaurant, Café Mickey, is already included in your Plus plan.

Clairetay

Yes that was what I was thinking that upgrading may be beneficial is we want to do all the character dining and buffalo show

I assume the current vouchers (plus half board) can't be used to offset their monetary value at thr buffalo bills show like they can at the premium restaurants?

stifle

They can actually. Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show with Mickey & Friends is considered both a show and a restaurant.

Clairetay

Thanks stifle..  decided to stick to our half board plus, I've booked the buffalo show 6.30pm second Category seats for the saturday and will just use vouchers towards it...I've booked direct with disneyland paris so had to email them to book the show .  . Had my confirmation through but it's not confirmed the pricing so not sure how I'm suppose to know how much money we will need to put towards it 😯

We have a also booked cafe mickey for Sunday evening 😀

Will save the other two character dining experiences for next time ☺