Dream turns into a nightmare...

Started by Ohana, November 30, 2015, 02:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

So I've just tried to book my net DLP holiday direct with Disney themselves using the callback number. The payment wasn't successful so the operator tried a further two times, both unsuccessful. I was told to call my bank, so I explained I would put her on hold while I did this.

The bank notified me that they had authorised all 3 of these payments and that all 3 had left my account. On returning to the DLP call, I found I had been cut off. I then requested the callback a second time - the call was answered by a different person this time. I explained my situation and the woman did not want to hear it - that there was no booking history of mine on their system and that therefore no money had left my account. I stressed to her that it absolutely had, and offered the authorisation codes. Again she had no interest and told me to just start a new booking - well obviously I was not going to do this as I was so stressed.

I bid farewell to this rude person and am now back on the phone to my bank trying to raise a dispute to hopefully get my x3 £160 deposits back.

I was supposed to have booked by now and be excited, instead I'm in the middle of a nightmare and am furious at Disney's carelessness and terrible handling of this situation. Is there anyone I can complain to regarding this?
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

norhel

Sorry to hear that you had an bad experience.
I just looked on the contact page on DLP's website, and I can't see any email address/contact form to send to.
But I've seen the email dlp.guest.communication@disney.com floating around, so maybe try that one?
Or when getting the callback, ask to speak to a supervisor. I might bee that the first person you talk to aren't trained to go far enough back in the system.

Just a though. Hope you get things sorted.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

rebecca20

The above address definitely works -it's who replied to my complaints - as an fyi I sent the original complaint from the dlp website and thats the address that replied.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

stifle

I work for a bank.

95% likely the money will not leave your account and the transactions will drop off within a week or so. This type of thing happens quite frequently and can be as simple as there being a little mismatch between the details such as billing address you have with your bank and the address on your statement.

This happens because the response the bank gives to Disney is "transaction authorised - address mismatch" and Disney has programmed its system not to allow the transaction. The bank sees it as authorised and blocks the money on your account, but Disney won't collect the money and the bank drops it back into your account after 3-7 working days.

Ohana

Thanks for the help everybody, I finally got it sorted out. I called Disney again in the hope that I'd get a more helpful person, and I did! She explained basically the same thing you have, Stifle. She managed to process my booking and put my mind at rest. I'm a bit irked that I can't book my flights until the money has gone in but I can't see them selling out in the space of a few days.
I will still consider a complaint though, not because of the fact that it happened - mistakes happen, it's life. It's the way it was managed that has upset me, and the manner in which I was spoken to about it.
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

stifle

Absolutely – all the CMs on the booking line should be able to explain these things first time or refer you to someone who can.

Your bank can drop the money in quicker, but it probably won't because nobody on the helpline will know how :(