Planning our next trip!

Started by Ohana, November 23, 2015, 09:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohana

So yes we've been back for less than two days and are already pricing up our next trip! This is big because it will be for our 25th birthdays combined; we were going to go to new York but have scrapped that idea to be able to return to our spirit home! However I know we will still want to return even after that so are considering annual passports... So I have several questions to help with this:

1. We want to stay around 6-7 nights this time would it be worth our while buying a.p's?

2. Where can we find nightly rates for hotels alone? DLP website just shows package deals.

3. Would the 2 night free offer still apply to those with an a.p?

4. Is it worth considering one of the offsite hotels ie dream castle or kyriad? Will we be able to leave the village in late hours such as 11pm and still be able to get transport back to these hotels?

5. Is it cheaper to fly or drive via Eurotunnel, or ferry? We live in Yorkshire so Eurostar would be too pricey with getting to London!

And if anyone has any other tips that'd be fab. Thanks!!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

Zee79

Quote from: Ohana on November 23, 2015, 09:23:30 AM
So yes we've been back for less than two days and are already pricing up our next trip! This is big because it will be for our 25th birthdays combined; we were going to go to new York but have scrapped that idea to be able to return to our spirit home! However I know we will still want to return even after that so are considering annual passports... So I have several questions to help with this:

1. We want to stay around 6-7 nights this time would it be worth our while buying a.p's?
We have stayed off site & had an annual pass for a 7 day visit & thought it was good value as we used it to stay onsite the following year & go for a higher priced hotel due to the discount you get.

2. Where can we find nightly rates for hotels alone? DLP website just shows package deals.

I'm not sure but I should, when we booked with our AP we got both our children free because of the deal that was on offer.

4. Is it worth considering one of the offsite hotels ie dream castle or kyriad? Will we be able to leave the village in late hours such as 11pm and still be able to get transport back to these hotels?
When we stayed we rented an apartment in Montrevain, one stop away by train, near Val D'Europe. Last train was 11:30pm in the summer. I can't help with partner hotels.

5. Is it cheaper to fly or drive via Eurotunnel, or ferry? We live in Yorkshire so Eurostar would be too pricey with getting to London!
We self drive now from the north east, it costs us approx £150 for fuel & £150 return for tunnel or ferry depending on car & when you book/travel plus which trains you want to use, we go for the 6-7:30am & 8-10pm trains. We have got the tunnel for £118 return next summer. We only go via tunnel now as its far quicker (30mins) plus we had a very bad experience on the ferry in 2011 hitting a force10 storm 2hrs turned into 3 1/2hours!

Hope this is of some help.

twentythingamabobs

Quote from: Ohana on November 23, 2015, 09:23:30 AM

APs are really good value for money just for the discounts in shops/restaurants alone!

We always stay in an apartment, the HiPark Serris is our favourite now. Their free shuttle runs until near midnight but we hardly ever both with it as hate the pushing and shoving. The appartment is a 10/15 minute walk from the park so there's never a panic about getting home.

We used to do Eurostar but it took so long with having to get from Newcastle to London then train over, we were travelling from 5am and not getting to the park until 2pm. Now we get the 6am flight, TGV from the airport and are in the park for 1045 :) if you book early it costs around £400 for 4 adult flight tickets  

DLPWonders (Banned)

Even if you go once for 2-3 days, an AP can already be cheaper. So with a week, yes it's worth getting an AP.

You have to call the Disneyland Paris reservation line to get the prices for Room Only.

It only applies to bookings with tickets.

Yes. That's why they are partner hotels with free shuttles. The last bus back to those hotels goes at 11.50pm.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

MattR

The room only prices are in the pricelists which can be found on the website.

They have also introduced room only special prices for AP holders but I am not sure if these are special offers or new regular prices but they aren´t shown in the pricelists (yet).

rebecca20

I too am from Yorkshire and Eurostar has always been the cheapest option for us! We can usually get a train ticket down to London for £20. Flights have always been too expensive when you add in transfers but I guess it depends where you live in Yorkshire (Leeds Bradford is miles and miles away for us and Doncaster don't fly to Charles de Gaulle).
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

cjebs

i presonally like the drive even as the dad doin the drive compared to being the kid in the back of the car as everyone is excited and its nice to spend some time together just chatting away about what we want to do and how we cant wait to get there. im essex so its not that far to folkestone to leshuttle.

+Cheapest option especially if family of 3+
+ le shuttle is 24 hr i like the 5am-6am shuttles meaning u get to disney around 10am for park opening if you drive quick enough :)
+ allows most amount of carry space- changeable clothes for weather, snacks/drinks and loads of room for all the stuff you buy and can bring back.
+ flexible leaving times on last day so can get a full days use in park potentially
+ having a car means you can go elsewhere in france for a day if you wanted
+ davy crockett is self-catering/suited to driving as its off site anyway, same goes for various surronding hotels i guess?

- distance/time to south coast could be easy 4/5 hrs depenind on where your coming from
- not good if people get car sick/young children being cooped up for long periods of time (travelling overnight while they sleep could be an option but = zombie parents next day?)
- if older car how comfortable/ reliable is the journey going to be?
- confidence driving on the other side of the road/navigating
-not so cost effiicent for 1-2 ppl travelling

you could potentially drive to ashford/ebbsfleet and then get eurostar as cheaper option than train down to london 1st?